#ED

10/11 - 10/13 Wknd Est: Gravity - 44.2M; Captain Phillips - 26M; CWCM2 - 14.2M; Machete - 3.7M

I'm usually the reserved one when it comes to box office but Gravity is going to be a mini Avatar.  it's not going to gross 700 mill but it's second weekend drop is ridiculous and it has a lot of similarities to Avatar.  I'm going to be bold and say this challenges 350 mill.  That's a 6.3 multiplier.  Avatar had a 10+ multiplier so I'm not getting nuts and saying it will do that but a 6X is not unheard of.  This is a film that has now gotten everyone talking.  It's the film of the year box office wise imo as it is an original film charging a premium price to see it and people are willingly doing so.

This could go past 350 but I'll stop there.  It's a mini Avatar.

• Like 5

I'm usually the reserved one when it comes to box office but Gravity is going to be a mini Avatar.  it's not going to gross 700 mill but it's second weekend drop is ridiculous and it has a lot of similarities to Avatar.  I'm going to be bold and say this challenges 350 mill.  That's a 6.3 multiplier.  Avatar had a 10+ multiplier so I'm not getting nuts and saying it will do that but a 6X is not unheard of.  This is a film that has now gotten everyone talking.  It's the film of the year box office wise imo as it is an original film charging a premium price to see it and people are willingly doing so.

This could go past 350 but I'll stop there.  It's a mini Avatar.

And that 84% 3D share is crazy. It increased from last week's.

• Like 2

Early word is that it is pretty good.

It may do well just for curious audience (not more than $60M). But Stallone & Arnie are losing fans fast

in the days of ensemble pics like FF and fanboy/girl movies like TA & THG. I think GRUDGE MATCH

looks more interesting, the story is more human. ESCAPE PLAN looks like another prison break

movie. But who knows what in this crazy year. Everybody's predicting GRAVITY at $100M or so.

Now it is making $124M in 10 days. Nobody knows shit anymore.

• Like 1

It may do well just for curious audience (not more than $60M). But Stallone & Arnie are losing fans fast

in the days of ensemble pics like FF and fanboy/girl movies like TA & THG. I think GRUDGE MATCH

looks more interesting, the story is more human. ESCAPE PLAN looks like another prison break

movie. But who knows what in this crazy year. Everybody's predicting GRAVITY at $100M or so.

Now it is making $124M in 10 days. Nobody knows shit anymore.

I don't think they are losing fans seeing as they are just in the process of getting them back.  Sly has only been back sine 2006 and Arnold literally just got back.  So they aren't losing fans at all.