#ED

10/11 - 10/13 Wknd Est: Gravity - 44.2M; Captain Phillips - 26M; CWCM2 - 14.2M; Machete - 3.7M

How many "Gravity defies Gravity" headlines will we get this week? or will most people not run with such a cliched headline  :P

BOM will go with "Houston, Gravity still does not have a problem on second weekend" since that gag was such a roaring success when they used it last week.

• Like 5

I think it drops slightly harder next weekend, since it won't have Columbus Day to soften the Sunday drop. Still over 30m, though.

That's not guaranteed at all...................30-35% drop next week is what I'm predicting.

I did not know Columbus Day could have so much influence. Thanks for the info. Anyway, anything over 30 million would still be awesome. That was what I had expected for OW before release...

Edited by peludo

It can also be compared to first Pirates methinks. A somewhat unconventional big-budget film that overperforms in its first weekend, gets embraced by audiences and subsequently legs its way to over $300m becoming the BO story of the year. 

Finding Nemo and Elf? 2003 was just a great year for WOM 

Either way, I'm expecting $180 million by its 17th day which would make getting to $250 million a lock. Really anything over $165 million would guarantee it 

Edited by mahnamahna

My buddy Floyd tells me they're some kind of reptoid race. He tells me it was even anticipated by William Blake. They killed her because she was pregnant by her new boyfriend. They had to alter her womb to cope with snake-deity semen. Princess Diana was killed to prevent the world discovering she had been physically altered to bear reptile babies.

This is all, of course, speculation.