Olive

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( More than $700M WW, Huge Success!)

They really need to promote CA3 differently in Japan.  If they can dig MI5, they certainly could have dug CA2.  

I think Japan is one of those countries that relies heavily on the popularity of the lead and Tom Cruise is massively popular.  

Chris Evans could have been popularized there because of his good looks and athletic performance in an espionnage thriller.  That's a country where CA2 had the potential to reach $50M if IM5 reached $69 M.  Those  two movies have more in common than most Comic Book movies have with CA2.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 3

Great work. Just a couple of things I noticed. I think you mean Worldwide Total where you have Foreign Total and you have Cap's 2nd w/e in Brazil matched to Thor's 3rd w/e (it's 2nd w/e is $14,814,441) . Oh and some updated data: Russia's total is now: $14,530,100

yeah you're WW total. I forget to change it after I copied it from BOM and add USA numbers ;p

The Marvel Studios and Disney tentpole has also crossed $100 million in China, the movie's second-highest grossing territory after North America, where it has earned $205.3 million.

Overseas, Captain America 2 -- starring Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson -- has earned $396.3 million to date for a worldwide total of $601.6 million through Tuesday.

Box Office Milestone: 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' Sails Past $600 Million Worldwide

• Like 6

I compared the 48 markets where CA:TWS opened already and BOM updated the totals with TDW (Same amount of weeks). TWS is winning thanks to Asia and the States & Canada. Now TWS is also winning in Latin America!! (As of last Sunday)

Continent / TDW / TWS

Asia / 122.7 / 172.7      

Africa / 2.1 / 1.6      

Latin America / 62.8 / 64.7      

Europe / 138.4 / 97.0      

Oceania / 19.3 / 17.4      

DOM / 167.9 / 200.5      

Total WW / 513.2 / 553.9

Edited by Henry I
  • Like 6

I compared the 48 markets where CA:TWS opened already and BOM updated the totals with TDW (Same amount of weeks). TWS is winning thanks to Asia and the States & Canada. Now TWS is also winning in Latin America!! (As of last Sunday)

Continent / TDW / TWS

Asia / 122.7 / 172.7      

Africa / 2.1 / 1.6      

Latin America / 62.8 / 64.7      

Europe / 138.4 / 97.0      

Oceania / 19.3 / 17.4      

DOM / 167.9 / 200.5      

Total WW / 513.2 / 553.9

Aren't you missing some numbers?

Brianwest92 also reported some very good early $s from Vietnam but BOM doesn't seem to track there any more either though they did for the first Cap. Israel also hasn't been updated.

The biggest markets where TDW has an advantage are Russia & Germany - currently about $20m and $9m+ more.  The biggest markets for TWS' advantage are China & SK - currently $50m & $9m+ more.

• Like 2

Brianwest92 also reported some very good early $s from Vietnam but BOM doesn't seem to track there any more either though they did for the first Cap. Israel also hasn't been updated.

The biggest markets where TDW has an advantage are Russia & Germany - currently about $20m and $9m+ more.  The biggest markets for TWS' advantage are China & SK - currently $50m & $9m+ more.

Cap2 was on the 3rd spot last weekend in Viet Nam. Cume: $2.1m

But I don't know how TDW did there

Cap2 was on the 3rd spot last weekend in Viet Nam. Cume: $2.1m But I don't know how TDW did there

:oI don't know what IM3 (which was the highest grossing Hollywood movie, and may or may not still be) gross in VN, but Cap's total right now, 2.1M is huge for Vietnam, that amounts to about 44 billion VND. If it's not top grossing, it's definitely one of the highest.
  • Like 2

IM3 must have grossed more cause its total in 4 days in VN is 1M. And the record holder before it was Kung Fu Panda 2 with 2.6M. IM3 probably has over 3M total there. Still, that Vietnam total is very good for Cap.

Edited by Sam