Olive

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( More than $700M WW, Huge Success!)

Yep. 16 mill. From BOMCaptain America: The Winter Soldier earned $16 million this weekend, which brings its foreign total to an impressive $420.3 million. Its biggest market is China with $107.6 million, or more than the next four markets combined. The movie has now grossed $645.2 million worldwide, which puts it ahead of Iron Man 2 ($624 million) and Thor: The Dark World ($644.8 million).

thanks fmpro. So it made 16m overseas and at home. What are we expecting for next weekend. 50% drop?

If it droops 50% every week from now, Cap would gross over $242m. $260m is possible and $250m is essentially locked imo. 

May drop 50% this weekend with spider coming out but should hold up well after that so $260 mil is very obtainable!

• Like 1

For comparison.

TDW after it's 5th U.S./6th WW weekend which CA2 is now entering

http://investor.rentrak.com/released...leaseID=812391

Thor: The Dark World (as of Dec 8 2013)

$10,140,000
$5,400,000 (Int'l)
$4,740,000 (U.S.)

$610,340,000
$416,700,000 (Int'l)
$193,640,000 (U.S.)

FINAL #s:

Domestic: $206,362,140
Foreign: $438,421,000
Worldwide: $644,783,140

Interestingly, TDW was tracked by Rentrak in 72 countries but CA2 only in 56.

TDW made another $34.4m off a WW $10.14m weekend. $6m of that was Japan where it opened later in Feb. So it made $28.4m more off territories it was currently playing in.  It benefited a bit from Christmas/New Years Holidays though by then it wasn't making much.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

thanks fmpro. So it made 16m overseas and at home. What are we expecting for next weekend. 50% drop?

Yeah. Maybe a bit more. But week to week could be less due to may 1st in europe
  • Like 1

Screendaily: "Marvel Studios’ Captain America: The Winter Soldier has grossed $428.2m"

I really enjoyed this movie....one of my favourite in recent past. Chris Evans was brilliant in terms of acting, action and dialogues.

Welcome to the forums Tammi!!
  • Like 2

I really enjoyed this movie....one of my favourite in recent past. Chris Evans was brilliant in terms of acting, action and dialogues.

I don't remember seeing someone from Dubai here, it's increasingly diverse ^^

Welcome :D

• Like 1

Aw welcome. I caught the Chris Evans fever too.