John Marston

Thursday Numbers- Ender's Game 1.4 million

Ender's Game is more fanboy driven than those films, just like Pacific Rim.

Ender's Game target audience is children, most of whom don't attend midnight screenings on school nights.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

The book has sold a ton of copies and actually has a pretty big fanbase of 20 years plus, so it's certainly a pretty good start (some schools teach it, too.) I like the book itself even though I hate the author, so I'll check it out. If anything, I would have protested the book years ago before I protest the movie and make Harrison Ford suffer. 

Pretty good number for Ender's Game. They really haven't done a good job at advertising it. The other day at work I asked if anyone's gonna see the movie this weekend, and most of them were surprised that a movie base on EG book is coming out.

Ender's Game target audience is children, most of whom don't attend midnight screenings on school nights.

Since it's so old, I'd say its main (immediate) audience are fans who read it when they were teens... so it's an older crowd (of course, they tend not to go to midnights either).

The book has sold a ton of copies and actually has a pretty big fanbase of 20 years plus, so it's certainly a pretty good start (some schools teach it, too.) I like the book itself even though I hate the author, so I'll check it out. If anything, I would have protested the book years ago before I protest the movie and make Harrison Ford suffer. 

The Wrap had a recent article about how Card basically doesn't get anything from the movie. It's been in development hell for so long  that he's already been paid, and since his deal was made so long ago (before Rowling, etc made a new template for authors getting significant creative input, control, and points from gross) that he won't get any additional money even if it's the next AVATAR.

• Like 1

Since it's so old, I'd say its main (immediate) audience are fans who read it when they were teens... so it's an older crowd (of course, they tend not to go to midnights either).

Lionsgate / Summit is trying to sell the film to the kiddies.

Whether they succeeded or not, has yet to be seen.

Edited by Fancyarcher

What are you hoping for Thor 2? Around 12M maybe?

I'd say something in the 7-9 range.

And actually, since it's early November, it might even be more like 5-6.

So tough to tell, because "midnights" really are different than they used to be.

• Like 1