Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

Had to watch STiD trailer 3 to wash away the sour taste that STB teaser left, and I was pleastly surprised by the comments on youtube.

Sem_t_tulo.png

Yep, I feel better now

Spoiler

and ashamed for relying on Youtube comments section to find confort

• Like 1

Man, people are clowning this on twitter.

@wilw: I saw the weirdest trailer today. It was for a generic science fiction action movie, but it was all dressed up in Star Trek costumes.

@danagould: Star Trek - thoughtful, intelligent, entertaining science fiction franchise

Beyond - when you move past something and miss it

@ElizaBayne: Loved the new trailer for Star Trek: Tokyo Drift

@HuffingtonPost: The trailer for "Star Trek Beyond" is basically "Fast & Furious" in space 

@LabSplice: When I'm old and my grandchildren ask me what the best STAR TREK movie of the 2000s was, I'll look at the sky and whisper, "Interstellar."

@AndrewSchmidtFC: Good lord, that new Star Trek trailer is the furthest possible thing from what I want from a Star Trek movie.

@MoscatiVision: The Star Trek trailer was 100% trailer and 0% Star Trek.

@FernieCommaAlex: That new Star Trek trailer indicates that the movie will be 85% shots of people falling off things.

Damn yall are picky.

Looks like fun, and I'm seriously looking forward to it. But I gotta admit, it' got be worried about it. I can totally sense a bit of F&F vibe, and while that formula works for that franchise, I can see it making this movie look "cheesy and dumb". 

Either way, it isn't getting 85%+ on RT I don't think. I feel like critics will be a bit harsh on it.