Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

I'm just glad Justin Lin isn't wearing a red shirt in all those pictures.  I'm still hopeful...the recent trailer looked...OG Star Trek fun.  Like...the proper amount of fun.  

I can can even get past them destroying the Enterprise...AGAIN...assuming that's what's happening.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2016 at 4:15 PM, RandomJC said:

I like the posters, but are they really afraid of the words Star Trek?

Because it's 50th anniversary of Star Trek, everybody should avoid mentioning that!
Remember when Skyfall was coming up? Nobody mentioned it's a James Bond movie, and a 50th anniversary, that would be dumb!

19 minutes ago, Macleod said:

The question is, will the general audience care enough "why we're all here"...?  ;-)

I don't care where they are. the plots are always just a scenario to frame the characters.  I like this iteration of Star Wars.

I feel like this is going to do pretty well on delivering Star Trek fan service, despite being probably too much actiony for some.

I feel like...it's going to underpeform its predecessors.

I feel like I'll like it.

And I feel like it looks like the Star Trek Insurrection of the Abrhamverse, just, not as shitty (note I enjoyed that movie even though it's shitty).