Neo

Point Break | December 25, 2015 | China Release on December 3rd, 3 weeks before the US.

You can never remake the pure cheesy genius that Road House is.  It's a classic and I mean that sincerely. 

Having said that, I'm all for remakes.  To me, it does nothing to take away from the original.  It also gets people to check the originals out.  I don't know why so many of you complain about them.  You aren't forced to see them, they aren't part of a curriculum so why do you care if they remake it or not?

• Like 4

Hmm, so it appears they are re-making (or re-imagining) all Patrick Swayze movies.

I guess we can expect to see Ghost 2 announced any day now. Posted Image

Well, they've successfully ticked Red Dawn off the list.

Gerard Butler has just finally crossed the line for me and I dislike him

Not only does he constantly star in shit now he's doing this film too ...

wankers - everyone involved

Yep, he's getting paid, and that's what every actor wants.  

• Like 1

Some actos have credibility and don't star in crap all the time ... some do films because the like the role ... some even do it for art

not gerard butler though

Don't go on justifying every move an actor makes just on money ... not everyone has a mindset of Will Smith

• Like 2

So I guess all u nay sayers already know its going to be crap before seeing it. So many Oracles here. Quite incredible.

You can be quite a hypocrite sometimes

Yeah it might be good ( it won't be though ) but why ? What's the purpose ? We already have one AWESOME movie and we don't need another one that's the same as the first one ( plus the first one is such a cult movie its really ungrateful to remake it )

There's also a little fact that I CANNOT  fathom that there aren't at least 10 young filmmakers under 35 of age that are talented enough to have original concepts and stories to tell ... give this money to 4 of them evenly and I bet you we are gonna have at least one interesting and fresh movie

Another thing. You disliked TASM ... I did too. How are you ok with this and yet you weren't ok with THAT ? If anything its freakin Spiderman it can be remade every 10 years for each new generation of kids out there and yet you said Raimi version shouldn't be reimagined

On a side note I'll understand your view IF you disliked Point Break in the first place but since you're a guy I don't see how that is possible ... it would be quite a biological phenomenon

You can be quite a hypocrite sometimesYeah it might be good ( it won't be though ) but why ? What's the purpose ? We already have one AWESOME movie and we don't need another one that's the same as the first one ( plus the first one is such a cult movie its really ungrateful to remake it )There's also a little fact that I CANNOT fathom that there aren't at least 10 young filmmakers under 35 of age that are talented enough to have original concepts and stories to tell ... give this money to 4 of them evenly and I bet you we are gonna have at least one interesting and fresh movieAnother thing. You disliked TASM ... I did too. How are you ok with this and yet you weren't ok with THAT ? If anything its freakin Spiderman it can be remade every 10 years for each new generation of kids out there and yet you said Raimi version shouldn't be reimaginedOn a side note I'll understand your view IF you disliked Point Break in the first place but since you're a guy I don't see how that is possible ... it would be quite a biological phenomenon

Hypocrite? I think not. ASM was the remake of a movie 5 YEARS AFTER THE LAST ENDED. It was also re-imagining a massively popular franchise that people already loved. Point Break is naval lint compared Spiderman. Most people in this day and age have never heard of Point Break. There's a huge fucking difference between a film that made 40 million dollars 23 years ago and is a stand alone movie to a film being remade where the franchise has made billions and is known world wide.I have never cared if they remake films. Remake Jaws for all I care. Doesn't tarnish the original one bit AND it gets young people interested in checking out the original.I expect more from you Crusader.

Edited by Christmas baumer
  • Like 1

Hypocrite? I think not. ASM was the remake of a movie 5 YEARS AFTER THE LAST ENDED. It was also re-imagining a massively popular franchise that people already loved. Point Break is naval lint compared Spiderman. Most people in this day and age have never heard of Point Break. There's a huge fucking difference between a film that made 40 million dollars 23 years ago and is a stand alone movie to a film being remade where the franchise has made billions and is known world wide.I have never cared if they remake films. Remake Jaws for all I care. Doesn't tarnish the original one bit AND it gets young people interested in checking out the original.I expect more from you Crusader.

When you really think about it, it's kinda scary that so many people were/are welcoming to what are so far mere remakes of the original Spider-man movies. 

• Like 1