grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

Can people stop acting just because they hate im3 everyone else hated it too? it's reputation is fine whether you try to say otherwise and will be fine.

also thor definitely had an avengers effect on Turkey. after 9 days 240k people saw it whereas Thor had 319k people on its entire run. It should surpass this in a week now

• Like 4

Can people stop acting just because they hate im3 everyone else hated it too? it's reputation is fine whether you try to say otherwise and will be fine.

also thor definitely had an avengers effect on Turkey. after 9 days 240k people saw it whereas Thor had 319k people on its entire run. It should surpass this in a week now

That will never happen on these forums.

• Like 2

By my estimates, I get 6.9M tickets sold for Thor in 2011 (BOM gives a 60% 3D share, which includes 6.2M from IMAX).

For Thor 2, I've seen a reported 39% 3D share and a 12% IMAX 3D share.  Now the issue is, I do not know if that 12% is part of the 39% 3D share, of if that is being counted separately, so the 2D share is either 61%, or 49%, so I've done calculations for both, until we get an official report from BOM.  Based on how other films have been reported, my guess is that 12% is separate from the 39%, so we have a near 50/50 breakdown of 3D+3D IMAX and 2D.

Scenario 1 (39+12+49)

33.6M 3D

10.3M IMAX

42.2M 2D

8.8M Tickets sold

Scenario 2 (39+61)

23.3M 3D

10.3M IMAX

52.2M 2D

9.2M Tickets sold

Either way, that's a 28-33% jump in admissions from Thor.  Pretty impressive.

• Like 5

Can people stop acting just because they hate im3 everyone else hated it too? it's reputation is fine whether you try to say otherwise and will be fine. also thor definitely had an avengers effect on Turkey. after 9 days 240k people saw it whereas Thor had 319k people on its entire run. It should surpass this in a week now

Can people stop acting just because they hate im3 everyone else hated it too? it's reputation is fine whether you try to say otherwise and will be fine. also thor definitely had an avengers effect on Turkey. after 9 days 240k people saw it whereas Thor had 319k people on its entire run. It should surpass this in a week now

Fire people as villains? Come on enough said about how much of a joke it was. MOS wasn't any better, in some ways was worse.

That will never happen on these forums.

I am not saying we should stop discussing because we have forums for that. but what some people do are not even discussions. they think their thoughts are facts. 

Fire people as villains? Come on enough said about how much of a joke it was. MOS wasn't any better, in some ways was worse.

villians? killian was trying to profit from war by trying to fix damaged people including himself. he was acting like the creator and the contoller of the war. he was the villian not other people. and it had some amazing lines about how americans see asians. sorry but I thought that was powerful. you can have your thought and I can have mine.

• Like 3

I am not saying we should stop discussing because we have forums for that. but what some people do are not even discussions. they think their thoughts are facts. 

I know what you're saying but Marvel bashing in one form or another is a sport around here. That's just my observation.

• Like 3

$6,600,000 from 1,144 is nothing to write home about.

Heck this is my favorite joke relating to it,

"12 Years A Precious: Based On A Novel By Solomon Northup".

That's not falling on it's face though. You exaggerate.

• Like 1

12YS is going to be playing for months. It's a slow burner and hasn't lost any momentum yet. 

That number was not impressive, especially given that it was in over 1000 theaters.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1