grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

• Founder / Operator

I thought it would've dropped around 50-ish, has decent WOM around where I live and I think even with Thor, it could do well

Word of mouth definitely seems alright for it. Another factor in the drop this weekend besides Thor itself was also losing half its IMAX shows to it.

Edited by ShawnMR

No offense to Portman, but I kinda would have liked to see Jaime Alexander play the role of Jane instead of Sif. I feel she and Hemsworth have more on-screen chemistry.

Yes, and this, and thank you.  Portman and Hemsworth play off each other well, but their chemistry is more sibling-like.  The two depicting romantic interest in each other comes across as really, really odd.

• Like 2

This article over at BOM has this line that I like: 

Audiences awarded the movie a solid "A-" CinemaScore. With a complete lack of competition next weekend, Thor should have a better-than-average hold, and a final total north of $200 million is a guarantee at this point.

I know a lot still depends on second weekend but Thor in the $200m club does seem nearly certain even with a 55% second weekend or so drop.

I think Ender will be fine in the coming weeks. CF won't hit it nearly as hard as Thor did since the audiences differ (younger females are the core for CF, males are the core for Ender--hence why Thor creamed it). Keep in mind that Lionsgate distributes both Ender and CF, so they're very aware of their audiences for both and intentionally opened them three weeks apart.

Lol fine dude? Damage is already well past done. Was a mess and will finish out its run quickly watch

• Founder / Operator

This article over at BOM has this line that I like: 

I know a lot still depends on second weekend but Thor in the $200m club does seem nearly certain even with a 55% second weekend or so drop.

Likely maybe. Not  100% guaranteed.

Edited by ShawnMR

• Founder / Operator

Not defensive, thought we were just chatting points

I was originally intending to say Ender's wouldn't crash against CF. It may lose money, but it's actual legs may not be too bad after Thor. Just its fair analysis, IMO.

Edited by ShawnMR