grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

Most of these comic book movies seem to have devolved into peck-offs more than anything else.Thor: "Look at my gorgeous hairless pecks."Captain America: "You call those hairless pecks?"Superman: "Hairy pecks!"Wolverine: "Chumps."

• Like 1

I am thinking its legs will be significantly worse than 1st one. WOM is NOT good. Plus CF will ensure it will drop hard 3rd week after a hard drop next weekend(60%). Plus weekdays in november aint that good. I would say 2.3x for now.

Have you asked a billion people what they think of the movie?

Also can I have your crystal ball?

Edited by Fancyarcher

The elephant in the room is Catching Fire, which comes out in 2 weeks.However, I think most people will have seen Thor 2 by the first 2 weeks anyway.

I think the films are different enough to co-exist. And, yes, Thor 2 will be down to under 20m that weekend, regardless of whether CF was opening or not.

This is pretty damn true. But, you might wanna add X-Men and Spider-Man for helping out with the brand name.

They both helped and hurt the brand name. Did you forget X-men: The Last Stand, X-men Origins: Wolverine, and Spider-man 3? ;)

I am thinking its legs will be significantly worse than 1st one. WOM is NOT good. Plus CF will ensure it will drop hard 3rd week after a hard drop next weekend(60%). Plus weekdays in november aint that good. I would say 2.3x for now.

LOL How do you know that? Is it bad?

I do agree CF will deal it a hard blow in two weeks but I don't know where this bad WOM is coming from.

• Like 1

They both helped and hurt the brand name. Did you forget X-men: The Last Stand, X-men Origins: Wolverine, and Spider-man 3? ;)

Who cares? The brand had already been established by then. Think of Iron Man being released in 1999. Yeah.

There is significant anecdotal evidence. We will know by friday next week.

We might get a pretty good idea about what the movie ends up making looking at Saturday drop because of online WOM. No way Spider-man 3 would have made that much money if it had been released the last few years.

Edited by Mojoguy

The big elephant in the room is that superhero movies have already reached its apex and there s not always room for growth.

Numbers done by TDK,TDKR, Superman 89, Avengers, Iron Man1.2. 3, the first 2 Spidey Raimi movies are huge almost all 50m + tickets sellers, replicating this magnitude of success is very tough to do.

Edited by The Futurist

There is significant anecdotal evidence. We will know by friday next week.

I have to remember that one..."significant anecdotal evidence"...easiest way to throw out any need for actual proof.

(Just messin' with ya, Shawman) :P

• Like 1

WOM probably won't be bad but it probably won't be "must see". It will be average. . Because of this the second weekend drop will likely be 55-60%. A standard drop for this type of movie. Problem is third weekend Catching Fire will cause it to likely have a harsher thirdweekend drop than usual