Films

Weekend estimates:Thor 2 $38.4m, TBMH $30.6m

2012 didn't seem to help Cusack's career all that much, considering that he's doing a lot of straight to DVD - non American films now.

Meh. His best work was behind him though. At least all my favorite movies of him were.

Edited by ECSTASY

I don't see how 12YAS is a letdown in any way. It's at $25m after a month in theaters and will be close to, if not over $40m by the time the Oscar noms are announced. Likely another $15m after that, perhaps more than $25m if it wins BP. That'd be outstanding for a brutal, harrowing drama about slavery. I mean, this isn't exactly Slumdog Millionaire.

• Like 2

Meh. His best work was behind him though. At least all my favorite movies of him were.

He needs to fire his agent.

You know your careers in trouble when you're doing all of these movies in other countries.

And he was just in the Butler. His role was small like almost everyone in that film, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything for him.

Edited by Fancyarcher

I don't see how 12YAS is a letdown in any way. It's at $25m after a month in theaters and will be close to, if not over $40m by the time the Oscar noms are announced. Likely another $15m after that, perhaps more than $25m if it wins BP. That'd be outstanding for a brutal, harrowing drama about slavery. I mean, this isn't exactly Slumdog Millionaire.

Wishful thinking I think.

I see it ending up around 40 million.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Nobody predicted $30 million before release, it's production cost was only $17 million and the first film's OW doesn't even adjust to $15 million. A $30 million OW is definitely over-performing.

Well just because nobody predicted it doesn't mean it's over performing. It means people missed the boat and underestimated it. I was looking at the interest and the buzz and it didn't seem like an under 20m movie to me. But that's just me.

Well just because nobody predicted it doesn't mean it's over performing. It means people missed the boat and underestimated it. I was looking at the interest and the buzz and it didn't seem like an under 20m movie to me. But that's just me.

If a film does 50% better than anyone predicted it over-performed.

He needs to fire his agent.

You know your careers in trouble when you're doing all of these movies in other countries.

And he was just in the Butler. His role was small like almost everyone in that film, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything for him.

I didn't see the Butler. But I just think his leading man days are behind him. He did do The Raven a couple of years ago. Another movie I watched because of him, lol. It wasn't very good either.

I was expecting 17m on MondayWith major buzz building I was at 25m by late Wednesday/early ThursdayIn my view it is an overperformance. Most people were predicting 15m last month and I only saw two predictions over 30m on here

Well some sequels increase and some decrease. So I don't think there's ever a clear cut "basic" sequel effect.

THIS. It's not set in stone that sequels increase. SM2, HP2, IM2, AotC, Kung Fu Panda 2, Tokyo Drift, Expendables 2, Cars 2, Scooby Doo 2, Smurfs 2, Percy Jackson 2, INTO DARKNESS etc. etc. all say hi. The very fact that Thor 2 increased despite Thor making a decent amount shows there was Avengers/Loki effect at play, although not as much as some of us thought.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1