Films

Weekend estimates:Thor 2 $38.4m, TBMH $30.6m

Just read this news of the upcoming "Point Break" remake. Lionsgate have managed to sell off the Worldwide rights despite having no cast attached. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/afm-lionsgate-sells-worldwide-alcon-654890

UPDATED: In the biggest deal of AFM, the $100 million action-thriller -- billed as an extreme-sports update of Kathryn Bigelow's 1991 classic -- wows buyers despite having no cast attached.

Lionsgate is hanging ten with Alcon Entertainment's Point Break reboot, which has quickly become the biggest success story of the 2013 American Film Market after selling out around the globe. The big-budget update of Kathryn Bigelow's 1991 action-thriller will feature a myriad of extreme sports, and not just surfing

In the current uncertain market climate, it is almost unheard of for an independent film to sell  without cast attached, but uber salesman Patrick Wachsberger, co-chairman of the Lionsgate Motion Picture Group, has done just that with Point Breakas foreign distributors rushed to outbid each other for rights to the movie, which Warner Bros. will release domestically in spring 2015 on behalf of Alcon.

Edited by grim22

Call of Duty Ghosts is looking great on my PS4.

Well I don't play video games. I use the PS3 for Blu ray and other stuff. I've had it for a long time. I was just wondering if it was worth upgrading to the ps4 for any other reason.

if you're not a gamer, absolutely not

Ah thanks!  I got the PS3 because I was shopping around for a blu ray player years ago. Every place I researched (AVS forums etc) said PS3 was the best blu ray player, lol. So I bought it. I got pictures and music loaded on it and watch Netflix, Amazon, and now Red Box movies through it.

Edited by ECSTASY

Ah thanks!  I got the PS3 because I was shopping around for a blu ray player years ago. Every place I researched (AVS forums etc) said PS3 was the best blu ray player, lol. So I bought it. I got pictures and music loaded on it and watch Netflix, Amazon, and now Red Box movies through it.

The PS4 looks sexy as fuck. 

Edited by #ED
  • Like 1

I'll likely get an Xbox One a couple years down the line. I can't say the Xbox's exclusive lineup of games is really my cup of tea, but the 360 worked as a nice supplementary device for me. I suspect as MS feels the need to push towards opening more first party studios, some more enticing stuff will pop up.