Plain Old Tele

The Strain | FX

Poor daddy well at least he got to feed her kkkkkkkThis is so much easier to watch in the morning light ha ha ha About darn time they checked out the morgue Can't wait to see his dummy boss and secretary of health face when they realize the epic blunder they've made Gvt dudes and dudettes are such Morons!!! Its like a job requirement pffff

Second episode wasn't too bad, not too much happened except dad should have left his daughter to dry herself off :P

but still pretty good and it starts to show that the "survivors" are there for a reason

I just watched the pilot and I feel very underwhelmed. It looks and feels more mediocre than Helix, which is a major insult, as that show had its very limited budget as a plausible reason for its many (oh, so many!) flaws.

Here they obviously don't have that problem, but still the cast doesn't feel engaged, the characters aren't likeable enough at best (the protagonist is actually incredibly annoying), the mythology is presented in a very disjointed form, mixing big, modern corporations with classic elements like the coffin, and it lacks of a clear focus on the artistic style of the show. The last ten minutes are filled with scenes that could have been used as the ending of the episode, but each of them have a very different vibe, with nothing to bond them together. From the ironic use of a classic song at the morgue to the guy driving the van listening to a...latin club song.

It's just not very good nor interesting. The mythology in particular feels already...strained, like they are trying to put too many different elements together. Not even True Blood felt so forced this soon.

Helix was extremely mediocre for the most part, but it kept things under control and had a clear artistic view, which allowed them to get some really good moments throughout the season.

Edited by The47th

Another somewhat slow episode and not sure we needed to see the rocker dude turn into a Ken doll.  I'll leave that as a spoiler for now until everyone has seen it  :P

But at least at the end, the good guys are finally kind of in on what is going on so I think it will speed up from here.

I wish this had been on HBO then we'd get to see the ken-isation of rocker dude in all its epic gruesome gloryAs for the vamp dude damn are they all going to lose parts of themselves he doesn't seem to have a nose or ears or throat , not the kind of evolution you liken to vamps .I too am glad that the scientists finally know what's going , that hobbit knows he got in bed with the devil lolllll kkkkMaybe next episode them and old dude can finally have a non-cryptic conversation now that they're all on the same page sorta Can't believe CDC boss is such a moron wrapped in admistrative BS , was he even a doctor before ? That's he's that out of touch with what his role should be in the preventing/containing of disease businessI sure jumped at the end though , lmao

• Like 1

well this  episode was fun!

its like the old dude says some brains can't wrap around the new reality lol  and some like cdc guy eph and the wife of the guy in the shed just rolled with it  !

that's loyalty and taking your vows seriously , at least she had some sense to send the kids away .

and still they don't alert authorities , he should have called his boss so he could deny in front of the pilot body what's going on still pfff

Posted Image

Edited by LadyEvenstar22
  • Like 1

yeah you're right what's a show like this without someone preferably a reasonable logical scientist having an emotional breakdown lol

Is kevin durand the pest control guy, which reminds me that scene with the rats fleeing , you know shit is about to hit the fan when the rats are abbandoning ship  :lol: ! their survival instinct is pretty sharp!

I do hope authorities get in the loop quickly .

I can't believe the army , secret services are that clueless to what's going on ....

I get its unthinkable and unconventional as an attack on  the country but come on don't these services have x-files unit kkkkkk

i'm still waiting for eph to call his ex-wife and tell her get the helll out of town with their son , you'd think that would be his first instinct now that he knows , writers got this show all over the place with how they're editing scenes as action moves forward 

i think its best to watch this without taking it seriously in order to enjoy!

• Like 1

Yes, a plane full of people just died and only two people are really interested in the details of what happened, everyone else just shrugs it off as "sh*t happens..."

Well they did release a finding of what they said killed everyone

But yeah, I agree that there should be more than a couple people still looking into it.

Yes, a plane full of people just died and only two people are really interested in the details of what happened, everyone else just shrugs it off as "sh*t happens..."

after watching sharknado 2 i realize hey its new york ain't nothing born/created yet that weirds them out lol

• Like 1

oh yeah the dude who went down in the sewers , that was scary ! 

the master playing eeny miny mo? in the concentration camp coz the jews didnt have it bad enough right eek!

you have to say though the nazis do lend themselves nicely to many supernatural stories xmen / hellboy  etc

the scientist lady pfff , i thought for sure she was going to pick up something and kill the vamp but noo she runs 

finally eph boss sees the video and his head is even more firmly stuck in the sand AMAZING!!!! i officially declare him a lost cause lol

do you guys think extermination dude is going to meet up with eph and abe?

• Like 1