Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Speaking of great performances, All Is Lost. All of you need to see it. It's so amazing.

I know! For some inane reason my college theater got Blue is the Warmest Colour this weekend and still hasn't gotten All is Lost or Dallas Buyers Club, both of which I'll have to watch over Thanksgiving, along with Frozen and Nebraska. 

I have seen Free Birds though, and that's still most memorable thing I've watched all month. Forever burned into my brain (in a somewhat awesome way). 

• Like 2

Place Beyond The Pines is soooo good. I've seen it 3 times already.

I'm probably one of the few people who thinks the film needed another 15-20 minutes to properly flesh out the third act. Felt too rushed and abbreviated.

• Like 5

I know so many kids like Dane DeHannan's friend in that movie, shit, there was times where I almost fell into that category (not like that much), and man....that dude fucking NAILED it. He was pitch perfect for what the role was supposed to be.

Place Beyond the Pines was like watching Drive for the first Half and then it turns into another film.

Prefer the 2nd half.

Rather bored of  Ryan being the same role each film.

Those are completely different characters. The "Drive" comparisons are, frankly, stupid. 

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I know! For some inane reason my college theater got Blue is the Warmest Colour this weekend and still hasn't gotten All is Lost or Dallas Buyers Club, both of which I'll have to watch over Thanksgiving, along with Frozen and Nebraska. 

I have seen Free Birds though, and that's still most memorable thing I've watched all month. Forever burned into my brain (in a somewhat awesome way). 

You just made me want to see Free Birds before Redbox.

I'm probably one of the few people who thinks the film needed another 15-20 minutes to properly flesh out the third act. Felt too rushed and abbreviated.

I'm right there with ya.

• Like 1

My art house is getting Nebraska and Kill Your Darlings in December. Definitely making an effort to see those, too.

I'm gutted that I missed Short Term 12, but that was only showing on weekdays here, and I got swamped with work.

Edited by Frozen Spaghetti

Those are completely different characters. The "Drive" comparisons are, frankly, stupid. 

Same quiet guy who acts cool role to me.

He has done how many films in the same style? 

Edited by Lordmandeep

You just made me want to see Free Birds before Redbox.

It's a totally unique experience for me. So many terrible things come together to make a product that's so utterly enjoyable but for no intended reason whatsoever. 

The biggest complaint I read about Place Beyond The Pines is that it's too ambitious. And if that's the best thing people can go against a film with then you know it's damn good stuff.

Absolutely. I still admire the film's ambition wholeheartedly. I just don't think all of it works. 

• Like 2