Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

It's very worth it. There are only 2-3 clips I thought didn't belong. It's no LOTR extended version, but some of the added bits actually do add to character arcs.

The stuff I would have kept out for sure is the random scene in Rivendell with Elf-Butler complaining about the Dwarves eating followed by the naked fountain wrestling, and the Goblin King song (which is fun as a nod for fans but just is too silly for the movie).

• Like 1

Posted Image

The story behind this scene is even funnier than the scene.

I'm somewhat of a Room fan. I attended a midnight screening at Laemmle Wilshire. Met Tommy Wiseau during a screening of Despicable Me 2. Own the DVD, have heard the "How did this get made?" and recently read "The Disaster Artist" by Greg Sestero.

That being said, the movie is bad. But it is bad in all the good ways, you can enjoy it.

Highly recommend reading "The Disaster Artist" by Greg Sestero (the guy who plays Mark). They could make a movie about the making of "The Room"

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Edwards Long Beach, CA 5 sell outs so far.

Edwards Aliso Viejo (OC) 3 sell outs

There are a lot of theaters that have 1 or 2 so I didn't bother posting. I'll check back later. It's still early.

• Like 1

The stuff I would have kept out for sure is the random scene in Rivendell with Elf-Butler complaining about the Dwarves eating followed by the naked fountain wrestling, and the Goblin King song (which is fun as a nod for fans but just is too silly for the movie).

all that stuff was horrible and would have likely caused the RT score to drop another 5%. It was wisely cut but hte extra stuff with Elrond in Rivendell I think should have stayed. I also liked that part where BIlbo sees the shards of Narsil and sees the drawing of Sauron wearing the ring but that may have then set up the question of whether Bilbo  realizes the ring he picks up is the same one

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Totally agreed. I remember praising the new scene with Elrond that precedes the fountain wrestling, and then immediately after just sitting in stunned silence at what I had seen.

• Like 1

i'm going to bed now though , i have this thing in the morning at 5am 

i let a friend talk me into doing a walkathon , have to try and get at least 5 hrs of sleep 

i guess i figured after 4 months doing jilian michaels dvd , losing some weight i must be in shape and more fit than before , i'm sure i can walk for 3 hrs more or less 

Edwards Long Beach, CA 5 sell outs so far.

Edwards Aliso Viejo (OC) 3 sell outs

There are a lot of theaters that have 1 or 2 so I didn't bother posting. I'll check back later. It's still early.

How's it compare to yesterday?  And thanks for the updates :P actual discussion about the movie is hard to find in the last few dozen pages.

Edwards Long Beach, CA 5 sell outs so far.Edwards Aliso Viejo (OC) 3 sell outsThere are a lot of theaters that have 1 or 2 so I didn't bother posting. I'll check back later. It's still early.

You're so dedicated. Thank you E.
  • Like 2

One other thing that bugs me about Hobbit 1 is that they leave most of Shore's Radagast theme from the soundtrack on the cutting floor in the film. You only get an abbreviated soft motif a few times.

I hate how Shore's score was treated altogether.

• Like 1