Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

I'm hesitant to say this is signifying a less frontloaded pattern overall. After all, Thor 2 just showed how a great IM doesn't necessarily mean it's not going to be the case for the whole run. But still, brilliant result.

It'll be interesting to see if Lionsgate estimates it above TDKR. How weird would it be for all the media outlets to say it claimed the 2D record, only for that to possibly turn around on Monday?

My club is looking great.  A 160 mill opening is fine.  

Not the way it made it. If it had grossed 160M with huge frontloaded previews(like last potter did) then you could have had a chance. Here its backloaded with super strong saturday(and I think sunday will be strong as well). With thanksgiving coming up I dont see it making less than 375M. its saturday+sunday is well above previews+friday which is a sign of good legs unlike last potter flick.

its even more backloaded than what I had presumed with 175M prediction.

I'm hesitant to say this is signifying a less frontloaded pattern overall. After all, Thor 2 just showed how a great IM doesn't necessarily mean it's not going to be the case for the whole run. But still, brilliant result.

It'll be interesting to see if Lionsgate estimates it above TDKR. How weird would it be for all the media outlets to say it claimed the 2D record, only for that to possibly turn around on Monday?

I am 100% sure LG will claim 2d record. That is too good an opportunity to miss. If Saturday is 53million it should also make more than that.

I think this will have lot stronger weekdays than thor 2. Thor's weekdays were pathetic and so even with great saturday increases, its overall multi is mediocre.

This is how it went through:

pre-release tracking in high 180s (everyone in joy) ------ OD estimates comes, indicating low 130s (everyone in meltdowns) ----- OW estimates comes, back to 160m (everyone in joy again)

Similar pattern to TDW/TDKR and pretty much every other hit

• Like 4

This is how it went through:

pre-release tracking in high 180s (everyone in joy) ------ OD estimates comes, indicating low 130s (everyone in meltdowns) ----- OW estimates comes, back to 160m (everyone in joy again)

Similar pattern to TDW/TDKR and pretty much every other hit

Did TDKR track like 130M on friday. TDW definitely looked like high 70's early on friday and it increase to 85M. This increased like 30M from early low 60's friday number.

I am 100% sure LG will claim 2d record. That is too good an opportunity to miss. If Saturday is 53million it should also make more than that.

lol, ok, I love your confidence.  Fact is the film did almost what I said it would OW.  I had it at 155 and it will open to about 159-160.  It will probably drop 60% next weekend.  So the club is not locked and I never said it was, but it is definitely alive and kicking.

• Like 1