Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

So, I've been out of town all weekend, but when I got updated via phone on the weekend number for CF, I just thought "Dang, I saved myself from a lot of embarrassment in the weekend thread." Definitely disappointed by CF's opening (wanted it to beat IM3) but still an excellent opening. I do think it's gonna have some nice legs, since unlike Twilight or Harry Potter, it has a strong older adult audience.

Soooo... yeah. Nothing else really to talk about IMO :P

BTW, your club was locked. :(I think something like 330 to 340 mil is good.

Oh was it? I wonder why. I honestly had no clue, been busy this weekend.

I just hope MJ1 is decent. I honestly see an unavoidable dip in quality from CF to MJ1. 

Quality wise yeah. Even with Francis at helm, I can't see him elavating MJ1 to being 'great' like CF was. The first half of MJ is kind of blah. Unless Francis changes a lot....

So, with an ending like CF....

How do you think this bodes box office wise for MJ1?

Not really much of a difference. People realize something big is coming and obviously 

District 13

is one of the first places we'll see, but at the same time just like Harry Potter I think people realize that Part 2 is when the real shit will go down. And MJ1 is going to need more than that ending for it to not see a nice drop anyway.

So, I've been out of town all weekend, but when I got updated via phone on the weekend number for CF, I just thought "Dang, I saved myself from a lot of embarrassment in the weekend thread." Definitely disappointed by CF's opening (wanted it to beat IM3) but still an excellent opening. I do think it's gonna have some nice legs, since unlike Twilight or Harry Potter, it has a strong older adult audience.

Soooo... yeah. Nothing else really to talk about IMO :P

Who are you? It's been such an insane, mindbending weekend that no one here can remember anything that happened in BCF.

• Like 1

Not really much of a difference. People realize something big is coming and obviously 

District 13

is one of the first places we'll see, but at the same time just like Harry Potter I think people realize that Part 2 is when the real shit will go down. And MJ1 is going to need more than that ending for it to not see a nice drop anyway.

MJ1 will almost certainly see a drop off from CF. Above 300m, for sure, but above 350m? I'd say probably not. We have a year to wait and see.

MJ1 will end up being the lowest grossing movie of the series, but MJ2 will make up for it anyway.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I think anywhere from 330-360M would be ideal for MJ1 to hit. I mean, let's face it, splitting the movie in two parts was clearly for money purposes. The first movie's job is to just be good enough to make decent/good money (which will cover for the most part the whole budget and marketing) and get people excited for MJ2. MJ2 will be entirely profit.

If the CF ending is anything like DH1 or M: RELOADED, I probably won't like it that much.

I liked DH1's ending. I remember book fans were ELATED to find out that it was the way to end since the first rumors were that they wanted it to end right before the trio get captured at Malfoy Manor - which would have been horrible.