Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

The thing I hate most about Deathly Hallows is that it gave license to other movie adaptations to split the final book into 2 movies (or in the case of The Hobbit - 3 movies).

The difference, of course, being that DH had enough to split it easily into 2 movies while having important things happen in both movies (this is my assumption, I have read the books but not seen the movies) where as the Twilight movies, Hobbit and Mockingjay don't have enough things to justify 2 movies. 

• Like 1

I'm just gonna go ahead and say this before Tarzan does.

"The meltdowns on Friday were fun, we need to have more of them. I'm gonna be the first to react to Floppit next month. :D Maybe someone should create a meltdown thread?"

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

She was under some kind of sedative though right? Had just woken up. Crawl Space is really hard to pull off without it seeming totally goofy or melodramatic. I liked the fact that they underplayed it.

The ending is something that would be better if not so slavishly loyal to the letter of the novel. Some structural tinkering would have allowed for a better crafted reveal and reaction.
  • Like 1

I really thought hutcherson stepped up his game this time. He wasn't perfect by any means, but he was good. The first movie he was clearly the weakest actor and was lame, would give him a C+ in THG. Here, I'd give him a B+. Have to remember, the books made Peeta kind of dependent on Katniss as well. The movie made him more 'manly' so to speak.

• Like 1

I'm just gonna go ahead and say this before Tarzan does."The meltdowns on Friday were fun, we need to have more of them. I'm gonna be the first to react to Floppit next month. :D Maybe someone should create a meltdown thread?"

Even though I was hoping Catching Fire would do really good, I did have a blast on Friday! I can't wait for more of these meltdowns!

Since yall are talking about Matrix, users that are old enough, what was it like to see Matrix's OW go from $27M to $91M not including its $37M Thursday? Was everyone freaking out back in 2003?

Edited by Jandrew

I really thought hutcherson stepped up his game this time. He wasn't perfect by any means, but he was good. The first movie he was clearly the weakest actor and was lame, would give him a C+ in THG. Here, I'd give him a B+. Have to remember, the books made Peeta kind of dependent on Katniss as well. The movie made him more 'manly' so to speak.

He was definitely impressive. He had more to work with. I thought everybody did a good job. Characters had depth. I was also impressed with Elizabeth Banks as Effie.

• Like 1