Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

This is what denial looks like.

I'll stay in denial then until CF proves everyone wrong with its multi. :)  Remember, I was one of the few people here who said THG would have a great multi and hit 400 after that awful 2nd weekend drop. And I stuck by that like I will stick by CF having a greta multi.

I'll stay in denial then until CF proves everyone wrong with its multi. :)  Remember, I was one of the few people here who said THG would have a great multi and hit 400 after that awful 2nd weekend drop. And I stuck by that like I will stick by CF having a greta multi.

First Hunger Games had way less competition and was the first installments. Sequels are more naturally frontloaded

my expectations dropped after the lack of sellouts. I haven't expected legs all along and I see no reason to change that now. This needed a huge OW to get anywhere near 400M.
  • Like 1

First Hunger Games had way less competition and was the first installments. Sequels are more naturally frontloaded

And everyone said THG was acting like a sequel already and had too big of an OW to go above 2.5x multi. So we'll see if this franchise can continue to buck the trends. Remember, adults don't rush out to see movies, and THG acquired a huge adult audience in the end.

Mockingjay part one if it is based on the book will be truly awful as the first half of that book deals with katniss's psychological problems and any action is strictly off screen. But for this movie anything less than the first is a disappointment, it is not a failure by any means but it is disappointing as even the most conservative estimates prior to today were over 160 million. It is not meeting expectations and that is a problem especially since the fact that the next movie will undoubtedly be boring

my expectations dropped after the lack of sellouts. I haven't expected legs all along and I see no reason to change that now. This needed a huge OW to get anywhere near 400M.

Since when is 150m not a huge OW, especially outside of summer? I refuse to say 400m is out of play unless we get some number  <130m.

Edited by MovieMan89