Mon: 12.2

Tue: 15.3 

Wed: 18.4

Thu: 14.7

Fri: 27.2

Sat: 25.8

Sun: 13.0

W/E: 66.0 -58%

Even DH1 increased from Tues to Thanksgiving Thurs. People need to stop comparing this to a box office anomaly like the Twilight series.

What else are you going to compare it to specially when its Monday drop appears to be the exact same as the last Twi movie ?

films that tank on Saturday should not be compared to films that make over 50m and increase 15% on Saturday.

First THG movie also dropped over 60% in its second weekend. Is that a fair comparison ?

If your ok with comparing a film released in March daily patterns to a film released the wknd before thanksgiving go ahead, I wouldn't though./

If your ok with comparing a film released in March daily patterns to a film released the wknd before thanksgiving go ahead, I wouldn't though./

Either you compare it to something or wait for the actual numbers. DH1 also had the same drop as CF on its first Monday and it dropped 60% on its second weekend. That's what I am going with for now.

Either you compare it to something or wait for the actual numbers. DH1 also had the same drop as CF on its first Monday and it dropped 60% on its second weekend. That's what I am going with for now.

I'm not making any comparisons.

Did the first THG act like Twilight? Answer: No. It made nearly as much on OD as Twilight did on OW and still dropped better on its first Saturday and 2nd weekend. Twilight had the advantage of Holiday legs and a building fanbase to end up with a slightly better overall multiplier. Otherwise their performances are not very close at all. THG acted more like Potter than any other franchise.

• Like 1

Did the first THG act like Twilight? Answer: No. It made nearly as much on OD as Twilight did on OW and still dropped better on its first Saturday and 2nd weekend. Twilight had the advantage of Holiday legs and a building fanbase to end up with a slightly better overall multiplier. Otherwise their performances are not very close at all. THG acted more like Potter than any other franchise.

THG also had the advantage of more than a month without any competition. No 100m movie opened between HG and The Avengers

calm down. It is in the same ballpark of drops as the recent Twilight movies

We get it, you don't like THG, now please just shut up. This broken record is getting tiresome. Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro
  • Like 8