The Stingray

The Dark Knight Vs. The Dark Knight Rises. Stingray Showdown.

TDK Vs. TDKR.  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• The Dark Knight
    • The Dark Knight Rises

Rises is epic greatness, does not deserve an ounce of the hate it receives.

I don't understand the love for TDK trilogy or Nolan in General, he makes good movies but they tend to lack actual substance and depth and instead just provide a big epic scale and an illusion of depth.I think I saw a critic say they were saddened movies have to be epic nowadays instead of good. Edited by The Panda

I don't understand the love for TDK trilogy or Nolan in General, he makes good movies but they tend to lack actual substance and depth and instead just provide a big epic scale and an illusion of depth.I think I saw a critic say they were saddened movies have to be epic nowadays instead of good.

I'm curious, what movies of a summer blockbuster variety do you feel actually provide depth? 

I'm curious, what movies of a summer blockbuster variety do you feel actually provide depth?

Nolan's films are some of the better summer blockbusters, my main problem is Nolan's films create an illusion of depth through overly serious tones while still trying to be a fun blockbuster, The Dark Knight was his best blockbuster but it to gets hailed as a masterpiece by fans when in reality it's just a really good blockbuster.The main blockbuster that comes to my mind by your question though would be Lord of the Rings, it succeeded in providing the epic scale but also a certain resonance and emotion as well. I guess that's a better way to put it, all of Nolan's new films are just trying to be epic but lack any emotion other than serious face.I don't hate them, but he is a very flawed director.

Nolan's films are some of the better summer blockbusters, my main problem is Nolan's films create an illusion of depth through overly serious tones while still trying to be a fun blockbuster, The Dark Knight was his best blockbuster but it to gets hailed as a masterpiece by fans when in reality it's just a really good blockbuster.The main blockbuster that comes to my mind by your question though would be Lord of the Rings, it succeeded in providing the epic scale but also a certain resonance and emotion as well. I guess that's a better way to put it, all of Nolan's new films are just trying to be epic but lack any emotion other than serious face.I don't hate them, but he is a very flawed director.

So you are sayin' millions of people or even billions who have seen the movie in every possible medium are wrong and you are right?

So you are sayin' millions of people or even billions who have seen the movie in every possible medium are wrong and you are right?

First, billions have not seen it, millions sure but I doubt even half a billion people have seen it. Second, not everyone hails it as a masterpiece, that's your assumption, actually a large amount of people do not hail it as a masterpiece, especially anybody wiith a decent knowledge of cinema. I'm talking about the devoted fan base that proclaims anything Nolan touches gold because he is Nolan and he can do no wrong.The Dark Knight is one of Nolan's best and one of the best comic book films, and one of the best of 2008 but it's to flawed and lacks the depth to be a masterpiece. Then again, some people use the term lightly (either because they haven't seen a lot of movies or their inner fanboy goes wild to see a batman movie taken seriously) Edited by The Panda

not everyone hails it as a masterpiece, that's your assumption, actually a large amount of people do not hail it as a masterpiece, especially anybody wiith a decent knowledge of cinema

you're sounding like iJack, no facts whatsoever, only "it's that way because I said so and any concrete data is wrong" bs. I never found one person in the real world saying that TDK was nothing less than great. And I don't even like TDK that much.

Edited by Goffe

you're sounding like iJack, no facts whatsoever, only "it's that way because I said so and any concrete data is wrong" bs.I never found one person that said that TDK was less than great and I don't even like TDK that much.

This guy Panda....lol...as long as he says it's a masterpiece it is.  But if he thinks it's not, then it sucks.  What a dork.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if anyone wants me to say it again, but TDK is one of the best films made imo while TDKR is a mess and makes about much sense as the Strangers does.  Oh, then there's this:

http://www.top10films.co.uk/archives/15036

One of these days I'm going to have to write an article on the 500 articles from 2012 that are better than your article.:P

• Like 3

This guy Panda....lol...as long as he says it's a masterpiece it is. But if he thinks it's not, then it sucks. What a dork.

I never said the Dark Knight sucks, I really enjoy the film and it's one of my favorite comic book films, but a masterpiece is a major stretch.
  • Like 2