baumer

Thurs#s Rth: CF 15 FRZ 11-11.5 (Nikki still drunk from 2010, says 13.7 for CF)

Katniss catching up

I see the east coast picking up for CF. CF has a lot of ground to cover in Texas though. Just looked at the cinemarks in the Houston area. Night shows for Frozen are still selling out there.

• Like 1

Would Frozen win the weekend with that number?

Most likely yes. I expect Frozen to have a stronger hold on Sunday compared to CF but if those numbers come true then we're looking at 70M+ for both. Both fanbases will be extremely happy and satisfied.  :D  ^_^

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Most likely yes. I expect Frozen to have a stronger hold on Sunday compared to CF but if those numbers come true then we're looking at 70M+ for both. Both fanbases will be extremely happy and satisfied.  :D  ^_^

I'm thinking Frozen will be a little lower than you're thinking. Most of its business is from matinees and a bunch of child tickets. It probably will sell more tickets than CF over the weekend albeit with a lower gross.

Edited by blackspider

As of 8:42p.m. eastern time

Catching Fire - 4 Sellouts in Boston, MA

Frozen - 3 Sellouts in Boston, MA

This does not include AMC sellouts, which were numerous, but I lost track and decided to exclude them

• Like 1

As of 8:42p.m. eastern timeCatching Fire - 8 Sellouts in Charlotte, NCFrozen - 3 Sellouts in Charlotte, NC

Is that in addition to :

As of 3:45p.m eastern timeCatching Fire - 4 Sellouts in Charlotte, NCFrozen - 8 Sellouts in Charlotte, NCpretty good

ETA. Never mind I was reading it wrong. Thanks Edited by WileECoyote

I'd be thrilled for CF to do 70M! However, if Frozen were to beat CF even with a great 70M, I can't help but feel like the headlined would be "frozen beat's catching fire, what went wrong with catching fire?" :(

It wouldn't be that it would be include some pun about Frozen freezes over Catchg Fire, or how Catching Fire can't keep aflame :P (I kid) Honestly I doubt they would say what went wrong with Catching Fire if it makes over 70 million that would be amazing!