lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

My theater was definitely less crowded today so I was kinda expecting the numbers to be lower than what we were expecting. And one of my coworkers told me about Paul Walker's death and it literally bummed me out for the rest of my shift.

Yeah honestly at this point I could care less about the box office. I'm sure tomorrow with official estimates are out there will be a spark that gets some interest back but right now I think fans of every aspect of the film industry in general are pretty bummed.

• Like 2

So I just thought I'd share with my new friends here. 

One of my idiot coworkers and I made a bet on CF vs DoS domestically, me going for CF, him going for DoS. Winner gets $30, and an additional $25 for every 50M the winning movie makes over the losing movie. I almost feel bad for stealing so much of his money, but he's so cocky and arrogant that I don't care. I've done my research, and he's basically fanboying.

Also, before summer started, we bet on IM3 vs MoS worldwide, me going for IM3. Look how that turned out.

How much money will I be making?

• Like 4

One of my idiot coworkers and I made a bet on CF vs DoS domestically, me going for CF, him going for DoS. Winner gets $30, and an additional $25 for every 50M the winning movie makes over the losing movie. I almost feel bad for stealing so much of his money, but he's so cocky and arrogant that I don't care. I've done my research, and he's basically fanboying.

Also, before summer started, we bet on IM3 vs MoS worldwide, me going for IM3. Look how that turned out.

30+25*3=105 $

I think CF will make 150M more than DOS.

Maybe over $100.

Yeah honestly at this point I could care less about the box office. I'm sure tomorrow with official estimates are out there will be a spark that gets some interest back but right now I think fans of every aspect of the film industry in general are pretty bummed.

My feelings exactly.

• Like 1

I think the reason the board is so dead is because everyone's passion for numbers has kind of just disappeared tonight. He may not be an oscar-worthy actor, but he was a great guy who was kind to his fans and he made a difference in the world. He was relatable to everyone and didn't look down on people. That's why my Facebook feed has just walls and walls of thoughts and condolences to Paul and people expressing how sad they are that he died. This weekend is just a wash for me. I don't care if both frozen and catching fire made 25m combined or 250m combined. The spark is just gone.

• Like 5

My theater was definitely less crowded today so I was kinda expecting the numbers to be lower than what we were expecting. And one of my coworkers told me about Paul Walker's death and it literally bummed me out for the rest of my shift.

yesterday i was meeting a guy who i havent seen 4 some time & we jokingly discussed FF movies & were talking abt who i preferred Pul, Vin or the Rock

& this morning I wake up & hear such news

:(  :(

awful awful morning :sadno:  :sadno: ive been crying for some time now

Edited by Leyla

30 + 75 = 105$ by my estimate

What do you think final numbers will be? O.O I was thinking I'd make 80. Realistically, I'm thinking 420 vs 275... Which I just realized is 145m apart... >.<

Right now, I'd say under 150 is more likely than over 150 for the difference, but of course we have no idea how much DOS will make. I'm thinking about 420 for CF right now too, but it's tough when you're looking at numbers that big. Obviously there will be a huge drop next week for CF, but it's tough to figure out how much of a boost CF will get from playing over the holidays.