lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

Movie is even better on a 2nd viewing, can really appreciate just how top notch every aspect of everything that went into its creation really is. Remains the best film of 2013, and up among my favs of this decade so far. The BO is Catching Fire.

• Like 8

I went and saw Philomena, and wow that movie was really good, it perfectly balanced all of the conflicting tones and ideas and made a very well-crafted story. (that's shockingly true, it opens your eyes to some horrors that still go on today)

• Like 1

Still can't believe people were comparing CF to New Moon when it's looking to have better legs than a typical Potter film.

Agreed, people keep looking back to it and honestly i'd compare it to TDKR before i'd compare it to a Twilight film BO wise, actually it's tracking fairly similar to TDKR but that'll probably change next weekend due to post thanksgiving drop.

Edited by The Panda

There's no way CF reach TDKR numbers! Should drop hard next weekend & then Smaug will burn Katniss!

Movies with strong WOM tend to play very strongly late in its run. Plus holiday season can support multiple movies in parallel. I dont see Smaug burning katniss at all.

But TDKR numbers are tough as 3x of thanksgiving weekend numbers is incredibly difficult. It probably needs sub 50% drop next weekend to be on track and that is improbable.