lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

Yea that's true. I remember when Disney said 200.3 million for TA and that number turned out to be 207 million. That was awesome.

I do remember that. We knew early on that initial Sunday estimate was low and it was just great knowing it would go higher.

But there was a much bigger number involved with a lot of unexpected Sunday night sellouts. Unfortunately I think CF and Frozen did most of their business Fri/Sat as per usual on this weekend. But hey there is always the possibility of a surprise.

100 pages

congrats

I was reading TA OW thread yesterday :wub:

too bad I didnt care abt TA at that time at all & didnt visit this forum

must have been so much fun following it that wekend

That weekend was amazing because of the numbers and how nolanites reacted.

• Like 2

I do remember that. We knew early on that initial Sunday estimate was low and it was just great knowing it would go higher.

But there was a much bigger number involved with a lot of unexpected Sunday night sellouts. Unfortunately I think CF and Frozen did most of their business Fri/Sat as per usual on this weekend. But hey there is always the possibility of a surprise.

Oh yea I know nothing major is going to change with CF and Frozen. I just like talking about TA lol.

• Like 1

And hardly any of it was off-topic. Huh.

lol I was barely here but too bad it wasnt fun

A+ icon Jack  :wub:

That weekend was amazing because of the numbers and how nolanites reacted.

well it was before TDKR so they maybe hoped it can outgross TA :lol:

Edited by Leyla

I'm 17, but I've been actively going to the movies for only three years now. I have to say.. 2013 has made me really fall in love with film, and the experience of going to the movies. It's been such amazing year.

Come on, its not exactly been a great year, don't over exaggerate

Ive seen blue Jasmine which is your 2 movie of the year by the look of things... it was shit.

Okay? That's just one movie. How many other movies did you see? I've watched about 130 movies from this year and while obviously a big slice of them is shit there's a lot of really good stuff in there. 

Edited by Jack Nevada

Okay? That's just one movie. How many other movies did you see? I've watched about 130 movies from this year and while obviously a big slice of them are shit there's always a lot of really good stuff in there. 

I didn't watch before midnight granted (the other midnight movies are overrated on this site though IMO). This is the End was good but IMO for that to be the 3rd best film of the year, it shows what a disappointing year we had. Monsters University was okay at best. To be honest, I think Phillips is the best movie of the year, and it was no masterpiece. There hasn't been a single A+ released this year.

I didn't watch before midnight granted (the other midnight movies are overrated on this site though IMO). This is the End was good but IMO for that to be the 3rd best film of the year, it shows what a disappointing year we had. Monsters University was okay at best. To be honest, I think Phillips is the best movie of the year, and it was no masterpiece. There hasn't been a single A+ released this year.

Gravity and Prisoners are really good. But I agree, 2013 ain't no 2012, that's for sure.

I'm with Jack. This year has been surprisingly good.  Yes there's been a lot of crap too but imo there's been a lot of quality films.  And TITE is in my top 5 as well.

• Like 8

Sun CF 14.1,FRZ 15.2,Thor2 2.1CF fri/sat will increase prob around 31.5/28.2-3

I know this is out in left field, but how Philomena do on Sunday?  Did it make more or less that a million?