lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

I noticed earlier this week that female contribution for CF was $15 million less than that for THG and I made a post on one of the threads that this is something to be paid attention to in the week to come. I think pre-thanksgiving weekend caused it to perform differently from THG and  it could've broken the 2D OW record with around $180 million if it had opened in March. This is why tracking was a bit off.

• Like 1

Honestly I'm just fascinated that Catching Fire has seemed to completely bypass the laws of sequels. Not only is it about to outgross the original after it already made a huge sum, it's about to have a considerably better second weekend hold.

That is word of mouth and audience expansion like no other.

• Like 5

Honestly I'm just fascinated that Catching Fire has seemed to completely bypass the laws of sequels. Not only is it about to outgross the original after it already made a huge sum, it's about to have a considerably better second weekend hold.

Katniss Everdeen, bucking trends and shocking audiences since the 74th Hunger Games.  B)

• Like 2

Yea I wasn't to sure if its audience had really expanded but shit...these numbers the last few days is proving it has definitely expanded. Really happy that the WOM is spreading fast.

• Like 1

although i still don't think it will go that high if this breaks 80 millions second weekend that would be a sub 50% drop for a movie with nearly 160 million OW

Yup. Beating TA record for the smallest second weekend drop ever for a film that opened with 120+ million.

• Like 1