lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

As of 3:20p.m. eastern timeCatching Fire - 4 Sellout in Virginia Beach, VA

Frozen - 14 Sellouts in Virginia Beach, VA

As of 3:30p.m. eastern timeCatching Fire - 1 Sellout in Virginia Beach, VA

Frozen - 9 Sellouts in Virginia Beach, VA

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Seriously stunning weekend. The industry has never needed more evidence of why more (good) films targeted toward women should go into production. This entire year (Gatsby, Heat, Gravity esp.) have been building to this weekend (even if it's way more top-heavy than last year).

• Like 14

In all honesty, I think Disney is feeling really stupid for greenlighting movies like Big Hero 6 and Zootopia. I mean, I'm sure they'll do well, but looking at Frozen's and Tangled's numbers, if they just stick to musicals again, they'll essentially have a monopoly on Animated Musicals and basically usher in a second Disney Renaissance.

Disclaimer: I loved Wreck-It Ralph :P

• Like 1

Seriously stunning weekend. The industry has never needed more evidence of why more (good) films targeted toward women should go into production. This entire year (Gatsby, Heat, Gravity esp.) have been building to this weekend (even if it's way more top-heavy than last year).

Great post, boss. :bravo:

As of 3:23p.m. eastern timeCatching Fire - 2 Sellout in Raleigh, NC

Frozen - 12 Sellouts in Raleigh, NC

As of 3:33p.m. eastern timeCatching Fire - 1 Sellout in Raleigh, NC

Frozen - 9 Sellouts in Raleigh, NC

• Like 2

What are the chances of CF having a slight increase?

Considering the first two sellout reports done an hour before yesterday have beaten or come close to yesterday's, I'd say there's a good chance. Especially with the extremely positive WOM going around.

Love seein multiple movies kicking ass at the box office at the same time. I think CF is easily going over 400m and will win the year domestically, which is fine by me as I loved it. I really enjoyed IM3 as well by the way but I'm good with CF passing it. Haven't seen Frozen but I'm glass to see it doing very well. Think it going passed 250 and maybe even 300 if it keeps legging its way through the holidays.

You must explain this new expression to me.

In all honesty, I think Disney is feeling really stupid for greenlighting movies like Big Hero 6 and Zootopia. I mean, I'm sure they'll do well, but looking at Frozen's and Tangled's numbers, if they just stick to musicals again, they'll essentially have a monopoly on Animated Musicals and basically usher in a second Disney Renaissance.

Disclaimer: I loved Wreck-It Ralph :P

I am seeing Ralph again right now, and it still doesn't click with me. Very good attempt, and also very boring. I only have it on Bluray because I won it.