lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

Yea I posted to you a couple pages back.

Basically sellouts for CF are popping up since it is evening now and Frozen has slowed down. Expected really and CF will probably end with more sellouts.

And that CF has 3-4x the amount of showtimes compared to Frozen.

Oh thanks! This thread is moving at lightening speed. Can't keep up. I'll check southern California in a bit. Nothing happening so far this evening for either movie. Well not much anyway. I'll check in another hour or two.

• Like 2

CF increased from Friday estimates last week or were you talking in general? Either way I expect some changes for both movies too since RTH posted around 6pm PST. Hoping both go higher.

I'd still be happy with my numbers. After looking closely at other november releases like twilight and Potter I just spent the last half hour trying to figure out exactly where CF would land using a 69m 2nd weekend. I came to a figure of 435m with conservative drops, I even had CF doing 32m next weekend. Now is that figure really possible or am I just really stoned...

No lie, I've been getting the number 505 stuck in my head all year when I think about CF at the box office. Always brushed it off as wishful thinking though, but at this rate who knows? The second highest grossing 2nd weekend is a more impressive achievement than anything it could have done on OW, imo.

The LOTR trilogy adjusted, says hi.You shall not pass!

Lotr trilogy was good because those books actually call for extremely long movies because of how much is in them, the Hobbit could have been an hour and a half animated flick and it would have gotten a higher RT score...Oh wait
  • Like 1

I'd still be happy with my numbers. After looking closely at other november releases like twilight and Potter I just spent the last half hour trying to figure out exactly where CF would land using a 69m 2nd weekend. I came to a figure of 435m with conservative drops, I even had CF doing 32m next weekend. Now is that figure really possible or am I just really stoned...

Oh i don't know. I'm just going day by day right now.  My range as of now is 390-420million but we will have a very good idea of where this will land after its 3rd weekend. So far everything CF is holding up very very well.

Oh i don't know. I'm just going day by day right now.  My range as of now is 390-420million but we will have a very good idea of where this will land after its 3rd weekend. So far everything CF is holding up very very well.

This will have a nice little Christmas boost at the end of its run as well.