lilmac

Monday Numbers (Actuals: Hunger Games-$3.4m, FRZ-$2.4m, Thor2-$0.53m, Homefront-$0.503m)

speaking of 2003 & cartoons

Finding Nemo is still remains 1 of the few cartoons I actually saw on the big screen

again good old times :wub:

It was pretty great year with both POTC 1 & FN

Lion King blew me away even though then I was much older than the target audience.

Back to topic:  I'm hoping for a sub-80% CF/FRZ drop.  Anything more is bad even accounting for the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Only movies I could find with an adjusted gross of at least $300m and have their sequel adjust to a higher gross:

Shrek - Shrek2

TCOTBP - DMC

FOTR - TTT

Transformers - ROTF

Toy Story - TS2

Would be quite an accomplishment for THG and CF to do the same (the multipliers are a bit different though)

COTBP: 6.54x multiplier

DMC: 3.13x multiplier

Transformers: 4.52x multiplier

Transformers 2: 3.69x multiplier

THG: 2.70x multiplier

CF: 2.60-2.85x multiplier

Yeah, great comparisons Goffe Luvs 1D.

COTBP came out on a Wednesday, DMC came out on a Friday. Thus a flawed comparison. TF1 came out on a Monday, TF2 came out on a Wednesday. Also a flawed comparison but not quite as bad as the Pirates one.

• Like 2

COTBP came out on a Wednesday, DMC came out on a Friday. Thus a flawed comparison. TF1 came out on a Monday, TF2 came out on a Wednesday. Also a flawed comparison but not quite as bad as the Pirates one.

Even if you account for that, you can take a look at the weekly drops and see they were much leggier than the sequels.

Lol Jack and others who took bad meds putting FN in the same category of TLK.

That is a crime... Lion King is epic, its also adjusts to biggest multiplier of any of toon in this era.

It was grand a milestone , that so many people felt it and Forrest Gump should have tied for best picture!

I want to see anyone give FN that type of praise! :0) (And this is a FN fan :))  Lets face it

the Lion King is disney's greatest animated film and in their top 3 greatest films of all time.

:) " The king will always be SIMBA!"

• Like 2

The best of Disney trumps the best of Pixar.

Amen and it will always be that way... Best of Disney 20,000 leagues, Mary Poppins,

Best Animated films of all time TLK and beauty and the Beat,.. Honourable mentions Aladdin,

The Lil Mermaid, Jungle Book, Snow  White... Disney laughs at the Pixar era... No contest

• Like 1