#ED

Weekend Estimates: Frozen - 31.6M; CF - 27M

I'd be really curious to see what Philomena's numbers are in Canada.  When I went to see it on Wednesday, it sold out the first afternoon show.  And it was a medium sized theater as well.  That's quite massive.  There were all older people there of course, but still rather shocking.

• Like 2

Saw FROZEN earlier today. One of the best theater experiences I've had this year. I was surprised to see a very diverse audience. Singles, couples, families, and grandparents. Even gangster-looking dudes were present. lol

The movie was good. I enjoyed TANGLED and I enjoyed this too. The visuals were great and so were the musical numbers. The one I loved the most was the opening song. It was funny too. My cinema laughed hard several times, especially because of Olaf. That "reindeer" question was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. I love the twist near the end. I also liked the idea that 

the true act of love came from Elsa and not Kristoff. Family is still the most important at the end of the day.

I just felt some song numbers were long but that's just a minor complaint. The audience I was with clapped at the end. That rarely happens here.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 7

The Satellites got one thing right when they nominated him for Supporting Actor in a Series/Miniseries/TV Movie a few days ago. Sure they nominated 7 other people but they got him and Corey Stoll (House of Cards) in, who the Emmys both snubbed.

I started watching House of Cards on Netflix and didn't finish. It's a rainy day today. Maybe I'll start back on it if it's still there.

• Like 1

Saw FROZEN earlier today. One of the best theater experiences I've had this year. I was surprised to see a very diverse audience. Singles, couples, families, and grandparents. Even gangster-looking dudes were present. lol

The movie was good. I enjoyed TANGLED and I enjoyed this too. This was funnier. My cinema laughed hard several times, especially because of Olaf. That "reindeer" question was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. I love the twist near the end. I also liked the idea that 

the true act of love came from Elsa and not Kristoff. Family is still the most important at the end of the day.

I just felt some song numbers were long but that's just a minor complaint. The audience I was with clapped at the end. That rarely happens here.

Sounds like a fun experience. Haven't seen it yet. Got to make some time for the theater. Frozen, Philomena, Book Thief are all on my list.

Sounds like a fun experience. Haven't seen it yet. Got to make some time for the theater. Frozen, Philomena, Book Thief are all on my list.

I'm going to see the THE HOBBIT: TDOS next week. Opens here on the 11th. Not sure if I can make it though. I'll probably see it next Saturday.