CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

IDK the budget. I mean a surprise hit like J-Beebz was wanting. Pretty sure a 70M (which would be mindblowingly great for Davis) wouldn't be necessarily a hit

I don't know what that is.  

But how big could the budget be for ILD? Oscar Isaac is the star and it's not like their using giant set pieces. True Grit with Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon only had a production budget of 38m. I can't see this movie costing nearly that much.

I guess the last few weeks proofed, that BO got more backloaded in the last few month.

I think it's too early to judge where it will end up at the moment.

And in this case, backloaded cencerning OW AND its complete run.

Look at Catching Fire. Some were disappointed by it's OW, but one WE later we all leraned, that many people had saved their visit for the holidays.

Perry only produced that (yes his name was over it, but it w a different story, it wasn't Tyler Perrys, it was Tyler Perry presents).

His name on it still should've helped, it was basically his. Many people figured it was his movie it looked just like his other comedies. People see the "Tyler Perry presents..." bolded on the poster and trailer, not "directed by..." or "produced by..." so I consider it one of his.

Posted Image

TBH, all the trailers released this week got me hyped for 2014. Sure, there's no real sequels, but there's a lot of original blockbusters coming out. The only thing that's not interesting me is Oscar season 2014, but hey, last year, we were saying 2013 could never top 2012's Oscars slate so who knows?

• Like 1

I don't know what that is.  

But how big could the budget be for ILD? Oscar Isaac is the star and it's not like their using giant set pieces. True Grit with Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon only had a production budget of 38m. I can't see this movie costing nearly that much.

I was referring to Tarzan's avatar condescendingly.

I say, what a disappointing weekend. Something better blow up this month.

Idk much about ILD, but I don't see how even it doing phenomenally well will count as a "blow up"

Posted Image

What are you reading? Where is this bit of info?

Some stuff about inflated budgets that aren't actually going to make a difference in the film per se. Some dude posted a pretty detailed post about this morning at CBM.com, but I'm not finding it here. What I've heard is that the whole "unfinished cgi" is bollocks, and if it looks that the film's budget might not been going to the film, it's because it isn't. All in all, we'll know soon enough.

I sincerily think that this franchise's doom at Fox started when Singer was brought back. Even listening to Mark Millar would have been an improvement. I'm always willing to be proved wrong when I'm the pessimistic of the bunch, I just don't sincerely think I am.

Well Blank-this year has just not been a good year for films it seems.

Ehhh, I'd disagree with that too. I mean, my current top eight are full of legitimately great films and I haven't seen the last of the OCs this year.

8. 12 Years a Slave

7. Star Trek Into Darkness (cue everyone saying how dare I rank this above 12 Years, but screw it, I liked STID)

6. Fruitvale Station

5. Captain Phillips

4. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

3. The World's End

2. Frozen

1. Gravity

Gravity itself makes up for this entire year IMO. Easily the best movie since 2010 at least

• Like 3

Some stuff about inflated budgets that aren't actually going to make a difference in the film per se. Some dude posted a pretty detailed post about this morning at CBM.com, but I'm not finding it here. What I've heard is that the whole "unfinished cgi" is bollocks, and if it looks that the film's budget might not been going to the film, it's because it isn't. All in all, we'll know soon enough.I sincerily think that this franchise's doom at Fox started when Singer was brought back. Even listening to Mark Millar would have been an improvement. I'm always willing to be proved wrong when I'm the pessimistic of the bunch, I just don't sincerely think I am.

Come on ijack. You know as well as I do Marvel is NEVER getting Xmen back from Fox. They'll release 15 low budget Wolverine movies and make money before they give up the rights. They haven't lost money on an Xmen film yet and I doubt of DOFP will be the first one. I'm not sure where this person is getting their info and I don't dare go to CBM to find out, lol.

• Like 1