CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

I'm just glad it'll do over 70m this weekend. This is a solid start and 280m definitely seems attainable now. Also, the negativity some of you have towards the hobbit really erks me. Like stfu. Nobody cares if this is down 10% from AUJ....AUJ was benefiting from the goodwill of lotr. Dos is coming off of AUJ which had mixed reactions.

• Like 3

under 80 for sure. not enough interest.

270-280m final due to lack of interest

franchise looks done . dont know what wb were trying

What a bunch of horseshit. Sorry.

It'll at least do close to a billion. WB know exactly what they are doing.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 3

Madea No

From Madea with love

Madeafinger

Madeaball

U only Madea twice

Madeapussy :lol:

Madea never dies

Madea is not enough

I didn't want to make a huge list, so I stuck with the Craig Bond movies. :P

Edited by Empire
  • Like 1

What a bunch of horseshit. Sorry.

It'll at least do close to a billion. WB know exactly what they are doing.

I love how this trilogy is likely gonna gross $3b+ WW and some of the haters wanna try to act like that's not impressive. :lol: Will be the first trilogy ever to hit a gross of $3 billion  if it does, even LOTR didn't do it.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 3

I love how this trilogy is likely gonna gross $3b+ WW and some of the haters wanna try to act like that's not impressive. :lol: Will be the first trilogy ever to hit a gross of $3 billion  if it does, even LOTR didn't do it.

LOTR is at a bit of a disadvantage compared to The Hobbit.

What are we at?  8.8M from midnights?  Assuming that 32.5M figure holds, that's basically matching what AUJ did on Friday (minus previews if that still hasn't caught on yet).

8.8M Midnigts

23.7M Friday

28.4M Saturday (+20%)

19.9M Sunday (-30%)

72.0M Fri-Sun

80.8M Weekend

Matching AUJ's multiplier of 4.05 (Fri-Sun) would put it smack on target for 300M.

What are we at?  8.8M from midnights?  Assuming that 32.5M figure holds, that's basically matching what AUJ did on Friday (minus previews if that still hasn't caught on yet).

8.8M Midnigts

23.7M Friday

28.4M Saturday (+20%)

19.9M Sunday (-30%)

72.0M Fri-Sun

80.8M Weekend

Matching AUJ's multiplier of 4.05 (Fri-Sun) would put it smack on target for 300M.

Also Frozen looking at 24.5-25M and CF looking at 14-15M based on the current Friday estimates.

It's how I track box office.

Tracking in inflation is boring as hell. Very few records can ever be broken then. Sure Gone With the Wind could gross equivalent to well over a billion domestically, movies cost like a quarter back then and there were like a dozen releases a year. That's why box office isn't tracked in tickets. It really isn't a fair comparison to decades ago, or even a decade ago. The industry always changes.

• Like 1

It wasn't. It was done because PJ can't ever edit stuff he wants in his movies out. With how huge the LOTR trilogy was, the man could shit $20's for the rest of his life and still be rich. He doesn't need the money, rather he's obsessed with cramming everything he wants into this adaptation.

ikr?

ppl who accuse PJ of being greedy probs never read his interviews or anything abt him at all

the man is in love with his job & the worlds he creates

he can be OTT for sure but its not out of wanting loads of money

B J thank you for your reports. Keep up the good job :wub:

• Like 2

8.8M Midnigts

23.7M Friday

28.4M Saturday (+20%)

19.9M Sunday (-30%)

72.0M Fri-Sun

80.8M Weekend

Well, i hope rth is not overestimating a movie yet again. (i seem to remember that he has been a couple of times recently)

Tracking in inflation is boring as hell. Very few records can ever be broken then. Sure Gone With the Wind could gross equivalent to well over a billion domestically, movies cost like a quarter back then and there were like a dozen releases a year. That's why box office isn't tracked in tickets. It really isn't a fair comparison to decades ago, or even a decade ago. The industry always changes.

I'm not interested in records being broken all the time, I only want to look at the box office as honestly as possible and not kid myself that it's in a healthy state.In general I prefer to look at the box office as a whole rather than at individual movies. Edited by lab276
  • Like 1