CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

It's not the direction that concerns me.

It's originally what concerned me.

Script I feel like will be fine. Not worried there.

Acting will be amazing as the other two.

Now, directing I feel more happy with. Lawrence will do a good job. He's even adding things in it.

Only real concern is the score. The score for CF was kind of blah. Only one or two great ones.

• Like 1

Going to repeat my post from yesterday, but the Hobbit movies have content from non-hobbit sources too, including LOTR appendices.

So the studio was probably better off calling the movies LOTR and using 'hobbit' in the tag line. Eg: Lord of the Rings - A hobbit's tale, Lord of the Rings - Desolation of Smaug, etc.

That could have retained a lot more of the LOTR audience.

If I think a movie is shit and it performs a little bit less than the last film, then yes, I don't mind. Look, who's kidding who here?  It doesn't matter what I think anyway.  The film is not going to do any worse or any better just because of my opinion of a movie.  It's going to do what it's going to do.  The way you speak, you want shit to be rewarded.  I think Hobbit2 is Epic Movie/Disaster Movie bad.  So if it falls domestically, good.

I'll get over it eventually, but that won't stop me being disappointed right now.