Shawn Robbins

Wednesday #s: ANCHORMAN 2 8.1M/ It's in a glass case of emotion / Hobbit (4.855m) / CF (1.243m)

I tend to think the late night TUE gross being such a high percentage of the overall opening day gross (for a midweek opener), could be a sign of more general audiences not being aware of the date change.  If $8.0 m is the number, the percentage would be 28.75% as opposed to the more typical 20% - 27% range for midweek openers of this size.  But we'll see.

Edited by JarJarBinks
  • Like 1

So it it does 40-45 for the 5 day, 100 is locked and it could still head towards 150.  

Yes

Don't know why some guys are seeing that number as a disappointment

150M DOM is a very nice gross. Almost highest grossing comedy of the year!

if you'd believe a number of users on here.. this film was heading for a 15m+ OD.  Even above 10m would have been ok.  There is no spin here... 8m is just disappointing.  yes it has a chance ala shrek 2, king kong etc to make it up at the weekend, but i've been saying all along, i've not seen the love for this film.....  still given the budget it will be fine.  just disappointing against the crazy numbers i've seen tossed around for this film over the past few days...

and no i do not see 200m+ happening for AM2... it will get past 100m, but wind up around 120 to 140m at the most.

EDIT - by no means am I saying this is a failure, as I think that this has done very well still, just not matching the ridiculously high expectations on here.

2nd EDIT - probably shouldn't mention the fact that AM opened to 10.7m ;)

And there is AM2 over DoS club.  :rolleyes: