filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

RedBox sounds amazing. We don't have those in Finland. But then I know how RedBox basically destroyed video rental stores in the US so I'm not sure I want that to happen here as well.

Actually it was Netflix. Redbox just benefitted from the gutting.

• Like 2

Speaking of the Matrix films to me they remind of Van Halen.The Matrix=the David Lee Roth years, very successful, the best and and most fun incarnation.The Matrix Reloaded= the Sammy Haggar years, very successful, some good moments but a little full of itself.The Matrix Revolutions= the Gary Cherone years, nobody really wants to talk about it.

• Like 2

Can't believe people didn't know that before the TBBT episode. That theory has been one of the most hotly debated online since I can remember. First time I had read it was in a Matrix forum before the release of Reloaded (a.k.a. the good old days)

TBBT taking something online and passing it off as their own witty comment on something in 'nerd' culture? Well I'll never.

• Like 4

Speaking of the Matrix films to me they remind of Van Halen.The Matrix=the David Lee Roth years, very successful, the best and and most fun incarnation.The Matrix Reloaded= the Sammy Haggar years, very successful, some good moments but a little full of itself.The Matrix Revolutions= the Gary Cherone years, nobody really wants to talk about it.

I used to be a moderator on a Matrix forum in college. After Reloaded, the entire mood of the community was like "Well, that wasn't all bad, but it has set up very well for the third chapter". After Revolutions it was "Screw this."

Personally I never had any beefs with the guy, but I can understand how his abrasivness can rub people the wrong way

Well he went in on me because he thought I was reporting Ed, lol. He made some interesting comments about my time of the month etc. The more I ignored him the crazier he got. Then when I finally replied to him he left it alone, lol.  But this is his MO and I honestly don't think he can help himself. That's why the numerous bans have not been effective. It's just in him.

Netflix is bliss, but I still like looking at the DVD's at the store. I rent movies all the time.

As strange as it seems I did too. I used to love going into blockbuster on Friday evenings and picking up movies for the weekend. I would read the covers and just take my time to pick. I don't fancy standing in line at the grocery store waiting to get a movie from Redbox.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Well he went in on me because he thought I was reporting Ed, lol. He made some interesting comments about my time of the month etc. The more I ignored him the crazier he got. Then when I finally replied to him he left it alone, lol.  But this is his MO and I honestly don't think he can help himself. That's why the numerous bans have not been effective. It's just in him.

Shawn's comment in the Banned and Suspended users thread "Updated... again" almost felt like this:

Posted Image

• Like 6

Netflix is bliss, but I still like looking at the DVD's at the store. I rent movies all the time.

I was the same way until my local video rental stores went out of business. I loved just browsing the store looking at all the movies. I really miss that. :(

• Like 1

For anyone who doesn't watch the show, The Big Bang Theory essentially proved why Indiana Jones is mostly irrelevant to the entire plot of Raiders. :lol:Fair warning: once realized, it cannot be unrealized...How The Big Bang Theory Ruined Indiana Jones for Everyone :ph34r:

Uh, that's wrong. They didn't show up within minutes and they didn't recalculate anything. Belloq saw them in the morning and went up there to intercept, once again taking what Indy worked hard to get. Would they have ever found it without Indy? Maybe not, but then you have no movie. Raiders forever!!!
  • Like 5