filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

Just got back from American Hustle. It was so good! Yes Jlaw gave a raving performance...but so did everyone else. I was very impressed with Adams, Bale, Cooper, Renner, and CK. I didn't see the ending coming, but it was very well executed. The biggest thing I liked about AH though was that it was fun. The 70's atmosphere from DOR was very energetic, humorous, and lively, and he let the cast give fun performances. When AH was first announced all the way to the first trailer, I thought it was going to be another Argo-esque type melodrama with of bunch of crying performances and moody story, but DOR made this fun. I was very impressed. I was also wanting more diversity at first, but Michael Pena provided that, and in the end, it didn't matter. Very fun movie - great story, acting, direction, and cinematography. The theater was a good size. I was the only person who wasn't white and one of the few who wasnt over 30.

On another note, when I was walking out of the theater room, there was 2 older couples behind me. We walked into the hallway and Frozen was playing across the hall and the theater had the door open for some reason. One of the guys walked up and watched a couple seconds of it, and as we all walked away no lie their convo went like this... A: "what is that?", B: "I think its Frozen", C: "yeah its Frozen", B: "I heard that was really good", D: "yeah I heard it was really good too", A: "we should take the kids to that", B: "we really should", C: "I think we should take the kids (their kids/grandkids) too", D: "yeah i think theyll like it". A: "theyre all out of school so we can talk to Amanda", C:"yeah we'll all go". The gospel and power of WOM is real yall. The gospel of WOM is real. 

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 10

So I haven't recieved my gifts from E, Sam or Tele yet.You guys used free shipping on the holidays? Wtf guys...

I sent your present through Santa. If you don't get it by Christmas Day, then you probably was naughty and got cut off by him.

The first thing I thought to do after the ending of Inception was to pick the ending I wanted to believe in.

Looking for clues to validate my belief would be futile and a waste of time. And yes, my audience did have some laughter at the end.

But even if it never featured that cut. I would have loved it. I remember when Time first started playing and there was that feeling of relief. One of my favorite theater moments in the past few years.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 4

There were movies before Nolan and after Nolan. Remember that.

You can say that about any director who has made a major mark on cinema.

Nolanites will be a mainstay of future cinematic discussion sure, but they are not THE future.

• Like 2