filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

You lucky bastard  <_<

But that's great to hear. I can't wait, so excited for it. Her and Wolf are my most anticipated right now, both look fantastic.

How was Phoenix? And ScarJo too (probably not worthy of all that awards attention but still, what do you think about her voice performance?)

They're both great. Phoenix has to carry the whole movie and he's simply amazing... and ScarJo is a very strong presence despite being literally only a voice. Bravo to them both.

• Like 4

Thanks all.

Guess I was one expecting too much and hoped for at least 20.

Got pretty this morning when I sat in a sold out theater on its 4the week.

A few people got sort of carried away last night. It's still about to do a better weekend than even the great weekly holds were indicating it would and $300 million is still a high possibility.

I think Frozen has a legitimate chance of breaking $20 million next weekend though, with the Christmas increases and what-not. That should put it in the top four or five 5th weekends of all time.

They're both great. Phoenix has to carry the whole movie and he's simply amazing... and ScarJo is a very strong presence despite being literally only a voice. Bravo to them both.

Thanks Tele  :)

So now, the most important question is: how was Olivia Wilde? Will her performance be a determined factor in Her's BO prospect?  :ph34r:  :P

good number for Frozen though I was hoping it would increase more

kinda disappointed with CFs increase

Yeah, looks at 8.4 million if it drops 20% on Sunday (-38.5% from last weekend)

New Moon dropped 43%, Breaking Dawn dropped 46.5% and Deathly Hallows 1 dropped 40.8%.

• Like 1

A few people got sort of carried away last night. It's still about to do a better weekend than even the great weekly holds were indicating it would and $300 million is still a high possibility.

I think Frozen has a legitimate chance of breaking $20 million next weekend though, with the Christmas increases and what-not. That should put it in the top four or five 5th weekends of all time.

In 2002(same calendar), all movies in top 10 except LOTR 2 showed an increase in the following weekend - http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2002&wknd=52&p=.htm

Frozen should defn increase.

Edited by a2knet

Could Spizzer possibly analyse CF?

It's a bit wonky mid-weekend, as DH1 is the primary comparison film and the Sunday drops may be a bit different.

With a 3.4M Saturday and 2.45M Friday, CF is now 17.9% ahead of DH1's adjusted OD multiplier.  If it continues at 17.9%, it will hit 409.2M.  So it's now on the cusp of the domestic crown, and after the holidays will likely be north of 20%, trending towards 415Mish.

Edited by spizzer
  • Like 3

It's a bit wonky mid-weekend, as DH1 is the primary comparison film and the Sunday drops may be a bit different. With a 3.4M Saturday and 2.45M Friday, CF is now 17.9% ahead of DH1's adjusted OD multiplier.  If it continues at 17.9%, it will hit 408.7M.  So it's now on the cusp of the domestic crown, and after the holidays will likely be north of 20%, trending towards 415Mish.

• Like 1

Also, same analysis for Frozen (vs. Tangled) has it 15.7% ahead, which is on pace for 297.2M.  It's making significant gains on that in the last week, and that should continue, 20% should be rather easy, and 25% will have it on pace for 320M.

• Like 5