filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

Competition is very fierce during the holidays. 

True, but the marketplace expands immensely during the holidays to more than make up for it. So many people off work and school for such an extended time allows a lot of movies to thrive if they are remotely good, even not so good movies over perform.

X-Mas day especially is crazy, pretty much everything sells out. I already have my tickets for X-mas and plan to arrive over an hour early. Experience tells me that's the minimum needed to get a decent seat for a popular movie.

just came back from the hobbit 2 again, wasnt able to go yesterday afternoon like i had planned after watching hobbit 1 

now until next saturday for my 3rd trip to middle-earth!

great new sig !!! & thx for the PM bb :wub:

I'm gonna see it again today :lol: my the 4th time :P

& finally undubbed version!

Yeah, dude got game. Boogie Nights is my favorite. That's some Scorsese Goodfellas type of shit.

And he was 27 when he made it. Think about that. Crazy. He's a master filmmaker imo. Even PDL has a ton of interesting stuff going on.

And he was 27 when he made it. Think about that. Crazy. He's a master filmmaker imo. Even PDL has a ton of interesting stuff going on.

Spielberg was 26 when he made JAWS.

That's a great fucking movie.

IT'S HORRIBLE.

• Like 3

That doesnt make it any less impressive baumer. Most directors hit their prime in their 30s, 40s. With PTA it happened with his second movie and it hasnt stopped yet.

I didn't say it makes it any less impressive and PTA is one of the most over rated directors going right now.  PDL is fantastic and I haven't seen Boogie Nights but the rest of his films are so over rated, imo.

Naaaa...Magnolia is a crap fest and TWBB is ridiculous as well, with the only redeeming quality being the over the top zany performance by DDL.

I'm going to try and turn the clock back today and see if I can duplicate a feat I last did when I was 17.

I'm going to try and see Walking With Dinosaurs at 12:15, then AM2 at 1:45, then AH at 4 and cap it off with Saving Mr. Banks at 7.  I'll bring two different shirts and a hat today, must be able to disguise myself.  :)

• Like 3