Olive

Monday(12-23) numbers: Hobbit:DOS $7.82M, Frozen 7.24m, CF 2.28m

Christmas tracking numbers: http://www.thewrap.com/wolf-wall-street-movie-beat-christmas-day-box-office/

“Wolf of Wall Street” is Leonardo DiCaprio’s first movie since “The Great Gatsby” and will roll out in roughly 2,400 theaters on Wednesday. Carrying a very hard R-rating, the black comedy is projected to come in somewhere north of $7 million on one of the biggest moviegoing days of the year, and get up to $30 million over the five days.

“Mitty,” from Samuel Goldwyn Films and Stiller’s Red Hour, has been in development for more than a decade. It has a soft 44 percent ‘fresh” rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and a five-day total in the mid-teen millions seems probable.

There haven’t been a lot of reviews, but most have been weak and “Ronin” has a lousy 17 percent positive score on Rotten Tomatoes. It could have trouble hitting $10 million for the long weekend, a disaster given the budget.

A five-day total in the mid-teens seems a good bet for “Grudge Match,” which Warner Bros. expects to play steadily past its first weekend.

An MTV live stream of the L.A. premiere for “Believe” was among the cable network’s most viewed ever. The question is whether any of that will translate to the box office, particularly in the crowded Christmas marketplace. The analysts are betting against, and projecting a soft $11 million for the five days.

Edited by grim22

That sucks. Hope you have a nice evening planned out. 

Thanks Jack. I have plans I need to go and straghten up my house because I have people coming over for a gift exchange and drinks. It will all work out. :lol:

• Like 1