lilmac

Tuesday numbers (12/24) - DOS - 5.25, FRZ - 4.78, AH - 2.9, AM2 - 2.8, SMB - 1.92

You think he's talented?

Damn, I guess I must be a blessing to this world.

Yeah, he plays a lot of instruments for one and that is talent. I think he had potential to be taken seriously when he grows up ala Timberlake but fame and money got into him pretty quick. The antics he had this year were really annoying. I also think Miley Cyrus is talented but just like Bieber they want to erase their wholesome images at once and as drastic as possible. Consequences of being famous at a young age

Edited by forg

Soul Surfer had an A+ cinemascore, it didn't breakout at all.

You shouldn't compare movies aimed at very limited audience to $100 million movies. Soul Surfer was aimed at Church audiences. BMH was aimed at African-American audiences. Movies like this always get high Cinemascore and they have very low Box Office ceilings.

Another poll: What's the movie this year everyone seemed to hate but you liked? The Fifth Estate for me. I thought it was perfectly fine.

oh many of them :lol:

I give it a year, the Counselor, Gambit, Lone ranger, Out of the furnace & many more

bieber deserves a lot of the hate he gets now because of his douchey antics, but for a while when the kid was only a teenager, he received a lot of unnecessary hate simply because he was "girly looking", and most of these haters were grown ass men. it was ridiculous and I did feel bad for him back then.

• Like 1

You shouldn't compare movies aimed at very limited audience to $100 million movies. Soul Surfer was aimed at Church audiences. BMH was aimed at African-American audiences. Movies like this always get high Cinemascore and they have very low Box Office ceilings.

Grown Ups 2 got a B- (darn close to the C) and it had great legs, Man of Steel had an A- had shit legs (While Gravity had that same A- and had fantastic legs).  

Skyfall and Breaking Dawn Part 2 both got an A cinemscore, BDP2 had shit legs, Skyfall had wonder legs.  

District 9 got a B cinemascore, it had great legs, while Elysium had that same B and did worse.  

X-Men Origins had an A- cinemascore, absolutely toxic word of mouth.

Bad Teacher hit 100m with a C+ cinemascore, Rango had a C+ and hit 123m (which is an atrocious score for an animated flick).

I could probably keep going on with examples of how Cinemascore is shit but it's a pain to even look them up (because they have no archives because they don't like people judging them for how bad their surveys are)

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 7

Music is a matter of personal taste but I saw his first movie and that was when I thought the kid was actually talented. I admit I was one of those who laughed at him when One Time came out but after seeing that movie, it kinda changed my mind. Anyway, I'm not a Believer lol but I just want to add perspective. Although with a forum filled with guys it's a lost cause ;)

Anyway, sorry for derailing the tHREAD because of Bieber lol. I hope Frozen gets back some of the screens it lost today this weekend :D

It lost a littl bit theaters but im not so sure that it really lost that many screens at the theaters it stayed at (considering the theaters near me it has just as many, if not more in some, screens as Anchorman 2, Mitty, and Smaug)

• Like 1

Jealous.

One of these days I'm gonna move to Saint Petersburg, and when I do, I'm gonna get myself a Finland visa and go to Helsinki on weekends to watch movies.

haha do that! its great here! got my 3rd visa last month

I've never watched movies in Finland tho

Mostly go shopping there & fly to other countries cheaper (like what most of SPb's ppl do  :lol:)

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 1

Can Catching Fire beat Iron Man 3 by Dec. 31?

I think it's going to average 2-3 million per day for the next 12 days. Will be around 405 by next weekend(Jan 3-5) and over take IM3 the weekend after.