kayumanggi

Weekend #s | SAT (12.28.2013) 10.5 M TH: TDOS | 09.7 M - 10.0 M FROZEN | 07.4 M AM ll | 07.2 M AH

Okay on a serious note, how would yall rate Gravity's score? It just does things to me. I listen to at least one bit daily. Def Oscar nom, yes?

I would say it's at least one of the frontrunners to win. I liked it a lot, but I do think it got occasionally a bit too bombastic for its own good. Considering I had never heard of Steven Price before though, I was generally impressed.

• Like 2

I liked the Gravity score. Saving Mr Banks is my preferred winner but I'm in the anything but Inception 12 Years a Slave score camp.

Hearing quite a bit of love for Saving Mr. Banks' score. Haven't seen it though. I generally like Newman's work, but I did not care for his Skyfall score.

I like Zimmer and all, but I wouldn't even qualify 12 Years A Slave as having a score. It has one motif. And it's Time-lite. And I love Time. I really do. Most listened song in my iTunes/devices, But the only reason Slave gets a nod there is by association.

• Like 2

You know, the main thing about The Last Airbender's devastating blow to everybody when it opened was that it did not look like a complete shitty mess beforehand.  The marketing by Paramount was actually great, they had a well put-together website and ad campaign that actually looked appealing, unless you really tried to find you couldn't tell that there would be huge glaring flaws in the movie.  

The CGI and set designs (especially for the Northern Water Tribe) were actually quite beautiful, and JNH's score snippets were fantastic too.  Honestly to me, as a huge fan of the show I wasn't worried until 2 days before its release and there still weren't any reviews out yet.  Then the floodgates opened and the putrid reviews poured in and I was devastated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That scene is airing now. The score is actually good now, but everything else in this scene, and pretty much elsewhere, was poorly executed. The fight looked like something they were given 10 minutes to come up with like improv, and well theyre improvising. It also feels like Shamayamama was just running around with a camera aiming randomly, instead of focusing. And that CGI looks alot worse in HD. But I mean the movie got a 6% we already know this. Edited by Jandrew

That scene is airing now. The score is actually good now, but everything else in this scene, and pretty much elsewhere, was poorly executed. The fight looked like something they were given 10 minutes to come up with like improv, and well theyre improvising. It also feels like Shamayamama was just running around with a camera aiming randomly, instead of focusing. And that CGI looks alot worse in HD. But I mean the movie got a 6% we already know this.

Yea it was hard to tell how shitty the acting and actual CGI would be during the little snippets in the trailers/TV ads.  The marketing team behind this should have gotten big fat bonuses for hiding this turd so well in the advertising.