kayumanggi

Weekend #s | SAT (12.28.2013) 10.5 M TH: TDOS | 09.7 M - 10.0 M FROZEN | 07.4 M AM ll | 07.2 M AH

Probably won't effect box office anyway, people who download tend not to go to the cinema in the first place.

This, or they are fans who download in advance AND go to the cinema later when they are unable to catch it in the cinema soon.

Edited by yjs

I find this attitude strange to say the least. And it happens all the time. I had to see Brokeback alone, because no one wanted to go with me. I also saw Magic Mike alone as no one would go to that either. I think it's strange that people can think of you a certain way because of the films you watch. I've even gotten strange looks from people when I am alone in a Disney animated film. It's like the parents look at me as if I drive a white van and am coaxing the children to it with candy. I love movies and I'll see anything. Attitudes toward what you see are really misplaced.

yeah the other day a friend of mine said she could finally watch MU cause she would feel like a perv. I dont get that feeling. Why let other people affect when you want to see a movie.

Ive seen an increasing number of kovies by myself - Chrinicle, AH, Wolf, Django, Fast 6 (the first time), and TITE, but its mainly been because me and my gf dont live in the same city during non-school, and I dont wait on people anymore. I've missed a lot of movies, like Inception, because my friends didnt come through and I didnt want to go by myself, but ive grown a "screw it" attitude and now I dont mind or care. Like example, Ive had plans to see Frozen with my cousin since thursday, and she texts me at 7:30 last night "how about tomorrow?". Thats exactly why I go by myself when my gf isnt around. People just dont come through.

@leyla lollll indeed that scene is too funny , I don't know what was in that soup but it look like something an orc might eat as they're not particular about food!Watched an hour of the return of the king then went to sleep that EE is literally 4 hrs long so have to pace myself ha ha ha shit is going all over the place from the first minute of this film one giant climax !

its' precious

Hopefully smth epic like this is in the DoS SEE (I want an 4 hr long version!! :D )

I usually go by myself 95% of the time

groups of ppl can be annoying as hell :angry:

There was a group of 3 female friends behind me who were talking loudly for the whole time the 1st time I saw DoS in IMAX on Jan 18

1 seemed like she didnt have a clue what's going on onscreen & the other one was commenting on every frame  'YEAH THATS THORIN! YEAH YEAH THERE WILL BE THE 3RD MOVIE yeah! SMAUG WILL APPEAR LATER'  :rolleyes:

I told them to shut up & read the book about 4 times but in vain. Ugh I guess Im still mad. :rant:

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 1

haha yeah I also go to the movies mostly myself and a friend of mine who's a Brit heard that and he was like ah dude, going to the movies is more of a social thing here in the UK and I was like whaaat...  -_-

haha yeah I also go to the movies mostly myself and a friend of mine who's a Brit heard that and he was like ah dude, going to the movies is more of a social thing here in the UK and I was like whaaat...  -_-

It varies from person to person. For me, movie-going is a far richer experience when I have someone else to share it with. :)

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

Yeah, I feel like here more than anywhere else going to the movies solo is seen as a bit weird.

• Like 1

I don't want to get ahead of ourselves here but I think 400 is on the table for Frozen.  If you look at how kids films did in 2002 up until MLK weekend, frozen has a chance to be at about 350 by then. This seriously be second to Shrek 2 as the highest grossing animated film of all time.

• Like 4