CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers Age of Extinction: 1.05B (300 mil in China!!)

You are right guys! Trans4mers did $118.5m WW last weekend, even though the World Cup Final was last Sunday. Now it stands at $792.8m WW as of Wednesday. Taking in account it opens in 4 Big Markets this Weekend (Italy, Germany, France and Brazil, where it already did $10m in previews), I think it should hit $900m WW by Sunday, or at least get very close!! 

Chinese number was significantly underestimated last week.

exactly. and Deadline didnt raise a holler about this. Strange that site continues to make a big deal of the alleged deficit of not hitting the $100M opening domestic by $2M give or take. Tsk. tsk

• Like 2

It's ridiculous, they've been inflating the weekend grosses with entire weeks of previews. With Brazil, France, Italy, Germany and Belgium opening this weekend, the number will be inflated once again. At least by tomorrow all the numbers will be in. No previews can be hidden. And when weekend actuals are published at Box Office Mojo, we'll know how much of the grosses reported tomorrow are previews and thus we will be able to make a reasonable prediction for its final overseas gross.

• Like 1

Final overseas gross should exceed 800 mill.

That would mean topping TF3 OS by 30mil.

With the substantial decreases in Europe, UK, Australia and very very likely, Japan, it's going to be very hard.

Sorry for being sceptical, but last year I was so sure MOS would crack $700mil WW after the first two weeks, it didn't even reach 690.

Edited by KATCH 22

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $215,377,745 27.2% + Foreign: $577,400,000 72.8% = Worldwide: $792,777,745

If you look closely at Box Office Mojo's TF4's foreign gross, China's total stands at $262.6M when it ought to be an est. $293.5M as of July 17. If that is the case, the foreign total should be at least $607M at present. Add domestic take of $215M, the cume should be at least $823M by now. I guess passing $900M is easy after this weekend. Awesome!

Just a warning: The fact that BOM had not updated Chinese total does not mean OS total is not updated. If you add amounts of any movie in BOM you usually do not get the OS figure total showed. Wait and see until it is updated today.
  • Like 2

Just a warning: The fact that BOM had not updated Chinese total does not mean OS total is not updated. If you add amounts of any movie in BOM you usually do not get the OS figure total showed. Wait and see until it is updated today.

Yeah you would think they would be given a running total overseas, it could be the total has been correct all along.

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

Int'l TRANS4MERS debuts: BRZ ($16.5M) GER ($11.9M) FRA ($8.8M) ITA ($5M) PERU ($2.6M) ***CHINA cume ($285M)

So weird, Paramount has a 20 million smaller number for China. Conversion rate?

They can't be wrong in twenty million if TF4 makes 3 milion a day now in China.

Edited by Ajbg

Int'l TRANS4MERS debuts: BRZ ($16.5M) GER ($11.9M) FRA ($8.8M) ITA ($5M) PERU ($2.6M) ***CHINA cume ($285M)

That peruvian number is HUGE!!! It doubles Rio 2 and Maleficent OW!! Take in account that TASM2 final gross in Peru is $3.4m...
  • Like 3

The only places (I can think of ) where it has dropped significantly from the third is Australia, US/Can and South Korea.  Besides China, Brazil, Peru, many Asian countries and a few other SA countries are going to see increases.

• Like 2

I will never underestimate TF franchise

I do not like TF movies, but it is undeniable the enormous appeal it has OS. TF5 will probably make 1 billion OS.

• Like 6