CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers Age of Extinction: 1.05B (300 mil in China!!)

My Dear Doctor Numskyyyyyy ;P,, We will do better than that my friend..

S So much for Bay haters!!!! .. Is this the only film that has done 1.1 -1.2 B on the 4th film?

Damn!!

Very smart play from Paramount to cater to Chinese market.

Fox & Disney execs are tearing into the board room screaming

as we speak: "Where is our $1B grosser?!!!"

Without China's over-performance, TF4 will gross around $700M, just like CATWS, Maleficent, & XMDOFP

If you don't add China to T4 total you should do the same with the 3 SH movies and that would put them around $600m WW. Maleficent would be around $700m without China, that's true

Edited by Henry II of Arendelle
  • Like 2

Very smart play from Paramount to cater to Chinese market.

Fox & Disney execs are tearing into the board room screaming

as we speak: "Where is our $1B grosser?!!!"

You didn't pay any attention to some earlier posts in this thread, did you?

TF was a very popular brand in China to start with and that was the main reason why Paramount strategy paid off.

The other studios could've made movies with half of the casts being Chinese or had the entire movies set in China and they couldn't have pulled off the same number because they weren't Transformers. IM3 and DOFP had some Chinese pandering also but neither of them could cross $150m, TF3 made $167m 3 years ago.

Without China's over-performance, TF4 will gross around $700M, just like CATWS, Maleficent, & XMDOFP

And your point is? CAP2 and DOFP would've made less than $600m without china. As for Mal, TF4 can still beat it without adding the number from it's biggest market, how about that?

Edited by KATCH 22

I do not understand why some people marks China as a "guilty" because of TF4 success. A billion is a billion, no matter where it is done. People did not question it when Frozen has done 650 million in Japan+USA, Skyfall 450 in UK+USA or Iron Man 3, 525 in China+USA. Every movie has more appealing in some markets and less in others.

Captain America 2 has done over 100 million in China and their fans were very happy, but now with TF4, China is detracting the reality... let's be coherent. If you want Captain America or whatever movie makes more money in China, maybe it should be called Captain China or to be a robot. Maybe it could make those 300 million...

• Like 6

I do not understand why some people marks China as a "guilty" because of TF4 success. A billion is a billion, no matter where it is done. People did not question it when Frozen has done 650 million in Japan+USA, Skyfall 450 in UK+USA or Iron Man 3, 525 in China+USA. Every movie has more appealing in some markets and less in others.

Captain America 2 has done over 100 million in China and their fans were very happy, but now with TF4, China is detracting the reality... let's be coherent. If you want Captain America or whatever movie makes more money in China, maybe it should be called Captain China or to be a robot. Maybe it could make those 300 million...

Posted Image

• Like 1

First, even it called Captain China or to be a robot, Captain America 2 will not make $300M(not even $200M) in 2014 this is for sure!

Back to Fake's comments, from my point of view he didn't try to mark China as a "guitly" because of TF4 success!  Fake is Asian and from India.  He just be very proud and happy that this is the first ever $300M in an OS market and this happened in Asia in 2014.  I am 100% sure Fake is not a Transformers film hater(look at his avatar) and his previous posts!  I am trying to point out that if there are few films reach $300M already in China, then yes, Fake may try to mark China as a "guitly" because of TF4 success!  However, this is not the case!  It just simply this is first ever $300M in an OS market!  As an Asian, I am proud of this achievement too!

Second, regarding "People did not question it when Frozen has done 650 million in Japan+USA"!  Really?  If you read news or take this forums as an example, Japan has been linked to Frozen's achievement!  When people talk about Frozen's box office, people will first think about Japan!

Edited by J LO
  • Like 1

Posted Image

If Captain America 2 really called Captain China, then it will not be a record in China!  The Chinese loves Hollywood film because  it is a western film!  If the Chinese really want to watch something I mean over 80% heavily Chinese elements in a Hollywood film, the Chinese will just choose a local film instead of a Hollywood film.

If a Hollywood film really want to be success in China, it should have more western elements instead of Chinese elements in that film!  

Edited by J LO
  • Like 1

First, even it called Captain China or to be a robot, Captain America 2 will not make $300M(not even $200M) in 2014 this is for sure!

Back to Fake's comments, from my point of view he didn't try to mark China as a "guitly" because of TF4 success!  Fake is Asian and from India.  He just be very proud and happy that this is the first ever $300M in an OS market and this happened in Asia in 2014.  I am 100% sure Fake is not a Transformers film hater(look at his avatar) and his previous posts!  I am trying to point out that if there are few films reach $300M already in China, then yes, Fake may try to mark China as a "guitly" because of TF4 success!  However, this is not the case!  It just simply this is first ever $300M in an OS market!  As an Asian, I am proud of this achievement too!

Second, regarding "People did not question it when Frozen has done 650 million in Japan+USA"!  Really?  If you read news or take this forums instead, Japan has been linked to Frozen's achievement!  If people talk about Frozen's box office, people will first think about Japan!

What I mean is that is seems TF success is lower than Captain America, Maleficent or X-Men because it has done a huge amount of money in China, and if China had not existed, TF would be at the same level than those movies (in the same way that if Frozen had not been released in Japan, for instance). Let's say that I have the feeling that some people think if foreign grosses are not well distributed, the success is not the same. It is obvious that Frozen will be remembered because of Japan, Skyfall because of UK and IM3 because of thier Asian grosses, but it seems that the fact of TF4 grossing 1 billion thanks to China is some contemptible.

And I was not referring to Fake's comments ;)

• Like 2

What I mean is that is seems TF success is lower than Captain America, Maleficent or X-Men because it has done a huge amount of money in China, and if China had not existed, TF would be at the same level than those movies (in the same way that if Frozen had not been released in Japan, for instance). Let's say that I have the feeling that some people think if foreign grosses are not well distributed, the success is not the same. It is obvious that Frozen will be remembered because of Japan, Skyfall because of UK and IM3 because of thier Asian grosses, but it seems that the fact of TF4 grossing 1 billion thanks to China is some contemptible.

"But Paramount's Age of Extinction has grossed far less than previous Transformers movies domestically, though it will be the first 2014 film to hit $1 billion worldwide thanks to $300 million in China. " - THR

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-slump-hollywood-facing-720420?utm_expid=19303748-89.vl1UgudORTW16NBGatuX7w.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F

I agree with you but this is the way the media report the box office.  Take Skyfall as an example, the media will report Skyfall has reached...  thanks to ... in Uk or Frozen has reached... thanks to... in Japan.  The media always thanks to overseas country as it is very rare for an overseas country to reach this kind of milestone!

Edited by J LO

Totally agree with you!! But Frozen did pretty well everywhere. Frozen didn't need Japan to reach 1B  :P  Remember it did almost $320m in Europe and $76.7m in South Korea. Japan was just the cherry on top  ;)

Totally agree with you!! But Frozen did pretty well everywhere. Frozen didn't need Japan to reach 1B  :P  Remember it did almost $320m in Europe and $76.7m in South Korea. Japan was just the cherry on top  ;)

$320m in Europe vs $250m in Japan.  You can't compare a continent with a country. :P