luna

BO.com 100 Greatest Directors (closed now)

You proved that I was wrong on 4. I'm still waiting for your proving your 1, 2 and 3 right.Nolan never talks a lot openly, so you can forget about 3. That means you did bullshit about that. I searched a lot on 1 and 2 and found nothing to support them. So 75% of your post in page 6 is still bullshit.

The article proves I'm right on all 4 so either you can't read properly or you're just choosing to ignore it to stop yourself from looking like even more of a dick.I given evidence, not much more I can do, you just won't admit to being wrong. Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

The article proves I'm right on all 4 so either you can't read properly or you're just choosing to ignore it to stop yourself from looking like even more of a dick.I given evidence, not much more I can do, you just won't admit to being wrong.

I take it as you can't find any proof to suggest that "Spielberg, Camron and Nolan said on numerous occasions how they are huge Bay fans." And  I'm sure it's easy to see there's a big difference between that and "Spielberg and Cameron both see something really special in Bay's works" which is only what that article suggested.

BTW, it's necessary to mention that my argument isn't against Bay or his position in the top100 list. I think he's actually under-rated on the internet due to all the unnecessary hating he's got over the years, and he's quite influential in this industry when it comes to directing action. I don't really feel the need to say this but hot-head fans like you might mis-take my posts as being trashing Bay. Trashing Bay seems like something cool to do on the internet these days and that's stupid, but your over-praising Bay isn't any better.

Edited by vc2002

I take it as you can't find any proof to suggest that "Spielberg, Camron and Nolan said on numerous occasions how they are huge Bay fans." And I'm sure it's easy to see there's a big difference between that and "Spielberg and Cameron both see something really special in Bay's works" which is only what that article suggested.BTW, it's necessary to mention that my argument isn't against Bay or his position in the top100 list. I think he's actually under-rated on the internet due to all the unnecessary hating he's got over the years, and he's quite influential in this industry when it comes to directing action. I don't really feel the need to say this but hot-head fans like you might mis-take my posts as being trashing Bay. Trashing Bay seems like something cool to do on the internet these days and that's stupid, but your over-praising Bay isn't any better.

I'm not over praising Bay, I simply said I agreed with Baumer when the put him on the list, I then went on to say those 3 directors were fans, you then came in all guns blazing telling me I was bullshitting and asked for a link, I then provided one, you ignored it now all of a sudden I'm over-praising the guy. Quite frankly this conversation is wasting my unlimited broadband tariff. Just to make you happy and end this crap I'm going to be the bigger man and admit I was wrong in everything I said, feel better?

Why are you busting balls VC?  Jessie posted a link.  What is it you want?  Several links?  Now your just being difficult.

I don't like over-statement. That's all.

I'm not over praising Bay, I simply said I agreed with Baumer when the put him on the list, I then went on to say those 3 directors were fans, you then came in all guns blazing telling me I was bullshitting and asked for a link, I then provided one, you ignored it now all of a sudden I'm over-praising the guy.

Quite frankly this conversation is wasting my unlimited broadband tariff. Just to make you happy and end this crap I'm going to be the bigger man and admit I was wrong in everything I said, feel better?

Nope, that's not what you said. This is what you said,

"Spielberg, Cameron and even Nolan have said on numerous occasions how they are huge Bay fans."

And this is a over-statement. And the article you provided doesn't support that.

"James Cameron says he has studied his films and "reverse engineered" them. Ben Affleck and screenwriter Roberto Orci call Bay an auteur because his visual style is so distinct. Steven Spielberg says "he has the best eye for multiple levels of pure visual adrenaline" and as we all know Christopher Nolan is a fan as well." via this link http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/the_greatest_hits_of_the_michael_bay_oral_history_by_gq

I guess I do owe you a apology because I shouldn't have called you bullshitting in the first place. Sorry that I got a little over my head at that time, which I dont usually do. Actually if I remember correctly that's the first time since my BOM days that I used a very rude word. But still, that your post is a over-statement, and I dont like over-statement just as I dont like trashing certain directors for no good reason.

Edited by vc2002

I don't like over-statement. That's all.Nope, that's not what you said. This is what you said,"Spielberg, Cameron and even Nolan have said on numerous occasions how they are huge Bay fans."And this is a over-statement. And the article you provided doesn't support that."James Cameron says he has studied his films and "reverse engineered" them. Ben Affleck and screenwriter Roberto Orci call Bay an auteur because his visual style is so distinct. Steven Spielberg says "he has the best eye for multiple levels of pure visual adrenaline" and as we all know Christopher Nolan is a fan as well." via this link http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/the_greatest_hits_of_the_michael_bay_oral_history_by_gqI guess I do owe you a apology because I shouldn't have called you bullshitting in the first place. Sorry that I got a little over my head at that time, which I dont usually do. Actually if I remember correctly that's the first time since my BOM days that I used a very rude word. But still, that your post is a over-statement, and I dont like over-statement just as I dont like trashing certain directors for no good reason.

It's not an understatement. An understatement would be , Cameron, Nolan and Speilberg have said they are fans and would love to have his talent.' Or 'Cameron, Nolan and Spielberg are fans and think his work is some of the best in Hollywood' not 'they have said they are fans on numerous occasions (which Spielberg and Cameron have actually said on more than one occasion). Calling that a massive overstatement is nit picking. I also wasn't bashing any directors but still, thanks for the apology :) Edited by Jessie

I had an anger that chilled my bones when I watched Melancholia.  Therefore, I am happy to say that I am happy to say Von Trier is not anywhere near my list.

"Life is only on Earth!"

I would love to see a comic book film that blatantly says this.  The ultimate grounding.

Edited by Squaremaster316

yeah, haven't posted in this thread for a week, but we need moar lists

It's tough to get lists for top 100s. Even if you allow people to submit less than 100, it's still tough to get lists. If you have gotten 12 lists (including your own), then you have done an excellent job. It is very difficult to get more than 12 lists, unless the vote is for the top 100 movies of all-time (then you get a lot of lists).

• Like 1