Neo

War For The Planet Of The Apes | July 14, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 18

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I should do the triple feature but I doubt my parents will let me considering it gets out between 11:10-11:30 depending if there are trailers.

Wait, I thought it was about 6 hours 15 mins. total?  If it's 20 minutes of previews before each film (which I doubt, I think it'll only be before War or the beginning of the triple feature), then that's 6 hours and 35 mins, minus credits so really 6 hours 25 mins.  If there's say, 10 minutes of intermission between the films, 6 hours and 45 mins.  If it starts at 4, you'd be out by around 10:45.

I'm probably gonna do it.  By myself too!

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Wait, I thought it was about 6 hours 15 mins. total?  If it's 20 minutes of previews before each film (which I doubt, I think it'll only be before War or the beginning of the triple feature), then that's 6 hours and 35 mins, minus credits so really 6 hours 25 mins.  If there's say, 10 minutes of intermission between the films, 6 hours and 45 mins.  If it starts at 4, you'd be out by around 10:45.

On AMC's website it says 7hr40m.

14 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

On AMC's website it says 7hr40m.

Hmm, that's odd. Even if you factor in two 10 min intermissions and about 20 mins worth of trailers before War, that puts the Regal at around 7 hours. Wonder what else AMC is doing.

39 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This is AMC's breakdown:

4:00: Rise

6:30: Dawn

9:00 War

I have this pegged for $70M on the dot for the weekend. They're really playing up the "Witness the End" angle in the marketing and making this one feel special, unlike the other sequels this summer (which were greeted with a sense of "oh, another one of these").

Im going for $70M+ opening, I think people are underestimating this thing.

My friend who hardly goes to the movie wanted to watch this, and so do my kids .... so I anticipate a good amount walk up for this.

• Like 1