Olive

Tuesday Numbers - WOWS 1.95M, Frozen 1.9M(300M!), DOS 1.57M,

1 The Wolf of Wall Street $1,955,396 40% 2,557 20 $765 $66,473,836 2 Paramount
2 Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues $1,145,356 24% 3,407 -100 $336 $110,780,068 3 Paramount
3 Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones $1,134,215 3% 2,867 -- $396 $20,578,367 1 Paramount
  • Like 3

Oh. Still Walking With Dinosaurs is a box office failure of epic proportions.

The animation was so creepy..neither fully realistic nor fully animated. just awkward, some where in the middle.

Oh. Still Walking With Dinosaurs is a box office failure of epic proportions.

That doesn't remove the parallel.

Among 3D re-releases, MI was pretty disappointing, too. And WWD held up better than it on the equivalent Tuesday.

• Like 1

Among 3D re-releases, MI was pretty disappointing, too. And WWD held up better than it on the equivalent Tuesday.

MI 3D was not at all disappointing.

Toy Story 2/3 made 30mil

Finding nemo made 41mil

MI made 34mil.

Looking at how much the 2D movies made, it's ratio of 3D to 2D seems as good. It just started slow, being a december release.

• Like 1

MI was a re-release though, WWD is a new movie (a remake of a mini-series though).

Not a good excuse IMO.

Edited by Fancyarcher

1 The Wolf of Wall Street $1,955,396 40% 2,557 20 $765 $66,473,836 2 Paramount2 Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues $1,145,356 24% 3,407 -100 $336 $110,780,068 3 Paramount3 Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones $1,134,215 3% 2,867 -- $396 $20,578,367 1 Paramount

Wow, 40% for Wolf! Incredible :wub:
  • Like 1

The animation was so creepy..neither fully realistic nor fully animated. just awkward, some where in the middle.

I believe we call that "uncanny valley" as far as animation is concerned. Look up "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" for an even better example.
  • Like 1

even LOTR sequel did not achieve that lol 

400m movies increasing sequel belonged to THG

I don't understand this talk "history making" talk..  FOTR had a higher attendance than THG and its sequel also increased.

Adjusted for inflation.

FOTR - 429m

TTT - 452m

ROTK - 483m

And I bet MJ1 will drop from CF because of the fact that its being split up into 2 parts + the 3rd book supposedly isn't as good.

• Like 4

Today should be the day Catching Fire passes The Hunger Games.  

First series to gross more than 350m then improve with the sequel.  B)

And the records keep fallin' while Catching Fire keeps burnin'

Posted Image

CF continues to make history. Amazing. Next up...IM3

I don't understand this talk "history making" talk..  FOTR had a higher attendance than THG and its sequel also increased.

Adjusted for inflation.

FOTR - 429m

TTT - 452m

ROTK - 483m

And I bet MJ1 will drop from CF because of the fact that its being split up into 2 parts + the 3rd book supposedly isn't as good.

Wow, so CF attendance will be close to FOTR! Huge achievement considering how big the Tolkien base is.

we shall flip all arguments in favor of CF. the revolution will live.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

Adjusted for inflation.

FOTR - 429m

TTT - 452m

ROTK - 483m

Yea and attendance is down from a decade ago due to pirating, Neflix, HD TVs and streaming.  Your stick-in-the-ass buzz killing aint gonna to work.  

You've made it pretty clear that you hated the series so obviously you're just trying to give a negative spin but the fact is, there's no other movie that grossed more than 350m and increased with the sequel.