grim22

Weekend Estimates: LS - 38.5M | FZ - 15.1M | WoWS - 9M | Hercules - 8.6M | AH - 8.6M | Her - 5.4M

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

Friday Box Office Matinee Trends: 'August Osage County' (TWC) Fri $3.M/Wkd $10M, 'Hercules' (LGF/Summit)$3M/$9M, 'Her' (WB) $2M/$6M.

[*]

Friday Box Office: #2 'Frozen' (Disney) enters 8th week in release with $2.9M today and $14M-$14.5M wkd from 3,239 runs. Cume $317M.

In what universe is Frozen getting a 4 1/2-5 multiplier this weekend?  That seems ridiculous.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

Friday Box Office Matinee Trends: 'August Osage County' (TWC) Fri $3.M/Wkd $10M, 'Hercules' (LGF/Summit)$3M/$9M, 'Her' (WB) $2M/$6M.

[*]

Friday Box Office: #2 'Frozen' (Disney) enters 8th week in release with $2.9M today and $14M-$14.5M wkd from 3,239 runs. Cume $317M.

I dont know what kind of IM is typical these days, but that IM seems quite high for Frozen. I'm thining more like 13 M with that Friday.

• Like 1

I dont know what kind of IM is typical these days, but that IM seems quite high for Frozen. I'm thining more like 13 M with that Friday.

Hell, I'd be shocked if much higher than 12 with less than 3 on Friday ...

Edited by Adam

Hell, I'd be shocked if much higher than 12 with less than 3 on Friday ...

Yeah, 14 seems way too high. I was thinking Friday would be over 3 million for sure. Maybe saturday will have a bigger than expected increase because of school. In my area, Frozen is only playing through the Matinee hours, no night showings. (What about other areas? anyone else seeing the evening showings getting cut?) So any kids getting out of school today had only 1, maybe 2 showings to see before it was done for the day.  The Saturday increase would have to be pretty big though to reach 14. I guess anything is possible. 

Edited by rustyspoons89

Shaping up for an epic weekend for TLS.  Didn't see that coming at all.  

If Frozen maintains its 38.6% lead against Tangled's OD multiplier, it'll hit ~2.0M today, which is only +83.6%, so it's almost certainly going to gain on it.  +125% would get it to 2.45M.  From there, Tangled's equivalent weekend IM (4.37) puts it at 10.7M.  In it's 3 pre-Christmas/New-Year holiday weekends, its managed to outperform Tangled's weekend IM's by ~6%, while it lagged behind Tangled in the holiday period by about 10% (due to the dates not aligning well; as a result, the weekdays were relatively "overperforming").  At 6% ahead, it would hit a 4.64 IM this weekend, so 2.45M would take it to 11.4M for the weekend.

Nothing for CF yet but pacing for high 420s

• Like 1

In what universe is Frozen getting a 4 1/2-5 multiplier this weekend?  That seems ridiculous.

4 might possible if it shows a 100% jump on Saturday. This same weekend, animated movies have done that in the last couple of years though not with Frozen like numbers. So Nikki multipliers look high. Even for the openers, I wouldn't give a 3.0 multiplier.

Contraband was 8.63 + 8.51 + 7.2 = 24.34 ow.

Gangster Squad was 6.71 + 6.21 + 4.14 = 17.07 ow.

Edited by a2knet

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

I would expect ~13.5M with a 2.9M Friday.

Edited by spizzer

Tangled had a 1.168m Friday and a 5.111m weekend.

So a 4.37 multiplier.

Same would give Frozen 12.67m.

Tangled's Friday was +140%, Sat was +109% and Sun was -38%.

Frozen's Friday is +190%.

12.5-13.5m seems reasonable.

Edited by a2knet

I was shocked when I saw the final expansion theater count for Her. Would have gone with something much smaller (around Osage County levels at most) this weekend. Always gave me an Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind vibe commercially.

Really?  Frankly, I'm surprised by the low numbers.  The premise got everybody talking and there was always an audible buzz in theaters after the trailers.  I expected double-digits.  I'm disappointed.

Really?  Frankly, I'm surprised by the low numbers.  The premise got everybody talking and there was always an audible buzz in theaters after the trailers.  I expected double-digits.  I'm disappointed.

Honestly I got laughter from the audience most of the time the preview was shown at a movie I went to. Kind of like a "you've got to be kidding" type laughter. I personally thought it looked great from the previews, but it's definitely a niche movie. The general public isn't gonna go for it by and large.

• Like 1

Honestly I got laughter from the audience most of the time the preview was shown at a movie I went to. Kind of like a "you've got to be kidding" type laughter. I personally thought it looked great from the previews, but it's definitely a niche movie. The general public isn't gonna go for it by and large.

Interesting.  I personally had the opposite reaction.  I keep pondering whether it IS possible to fall in love with a robot.