iceroll

71st Golden Globes Ceremony Thread - Tonight, on now!

Before the show gets started, I want to say that I really hope Amy Poehler wins Best Actress for TV Comedy/Musical for Parks and Recreation I just started the show last week and I'm so hooked.  The main reason is hilarious and amazing Poehler's Leslie Knope character, and she's already been nominated for it twice already so maybe 3rd time's the charm...

Better not be Lena Dunham though, I'm so sick of her. :ph34r: 

Edited by Catching Iceroll

Is this where the NFL thread is today?

Just kidding. Don't have many particular favorites today, the whole comedy/drama split just throws me off. I would like to see Fassbender win for 12 Years a Slave but it seems it's Leto's to win.

[best Supporting Actress - Motion Picture DramaJennifer Lawrence, "American Hustle"Why: Because. C'mon. Even though she won last year for "Silver Linings Playbook," I think she's riding this insane wave of popularity at the moment and can't lose. However, Nyong'o may take it if "12 Years" dominates the night. Also, here's a shout-out to Squibb: there's a microscopic chance she could take it. That would be one hell of an acceptance speech, that's for sure.]Thats from the Huff Post and thats the issue I have. Some of the noms seem to be popularity based and not performances. Jlaw was great, but it was nothing groundbreaking. Margot Robbie was more believable. Jlaw's CF performance was a lot better, but itll be overlooked because CF will be overlooked. If Jlaw wins, i feel itll be more of because everyone is in love with her and shes the it-girl, rather she had the best performance, because it wasnt, and it wasnt hers. Thats just my opinion though, dont attack me Lawsbians. I just dont see the Hustle hype anymore.

• Like 1

I haven't seen American Hustle so I can't comment on JLaw's performance in that but Margot Robbie's performance wasn't even that special.  She had that one scene near the end when she finally confronts Leo that was pretty decent but besides that she didn't really do anything that award-worthy IMO.

Sure she was really hot and that's probably why some people want her to win but what was so memorable and great about her performance?

I haven't seen American Hustle so I can't comment on JLaw's performance in that but Margot Robbie's performance wasn't even that special.  She had that one scene near the end when she finally confronts Leo that was pretty decent but besides that she didn't really do anything that award-worthy IMO.

Sure she was really hot and that's probably why some people want her to win but what was so memorable and great about her performance?

There's nothing memorable about either performances.

Lupita was far better than both of them.

• Like 1

Her body?  :ph34r:

I haven't seen American Hustle so I can't comment on JLaw's performance in that but Margot Robbie's performance wasn't even that special. She had that one scene near the end when she finally confronts Leo that was pretty decent but besides that she didn't really do anything that award-worthy IMO.Sure she was really hot and that's probably why some people want her to win but what was so memorable and great about her performance?

I think Lupita will win no matter what, but Robbie outdid Jlaw, and no I dont want her nominated because shes hot. Playing a Yankee/Guido housewife - Robbie was more believable and straight-foward, so to me she did it better. Robbie also did it with a limited and unimpressive filmography whereas we know Jlaw can act. Some want Robbie because shes hot, some want Jlaw because shes the it girl, both had great performances, but to be playing who they were, i just felt Robbie did it better, and she never went over the top, unlike Jlaw who phoned in a bit much once or twice. Edited by Jandrew

While we're waiting for this to start, check out this list of 

"20 Signs You’re Obsessed With Awards Season"

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mackenziekruvant/signs-youre-obsessed-with-award-season

Also, #19 tho :P

I am honestly everything but 15 and 19. :lol: The Manicam is just a ridiculously stupid invention that should be destroyed as soon as possible. 

Edited by riczhang